photo{s} a day, twenty nine: summer's beginning to be a success.

Our summer kinda started out as a bust.

Beginning of summer = #epicfail

It's looking like we're making a turn around, folks.  Dusty seems to have turned a corner, Silas actually loved daycare today and we went swimming for the third day in a row!  Can't beat that.  

So, daycare.  Silas was thrilled today.  It's Western Week this week and everyone was speaking with a southern drawl, they made horses for a craft, they learned to line dance {apparently Silas was WAY into this} and the best part?  They had out a giant pitcher of strawberry lemonade and Silas could go get a drink whenever he wanted, without asking.  Apparently strawberry lemonade is the key to his heart because he told me, "I LOVE daycare now.  Can you BELIEVE I can go get a drink, all by myself, WHENEVER I want???  This was the best day ever!!"

Wow, if that's all it took, I wish they would've put out the lemonade weeks ago.  I feel like I've been dragging him to daycare.  Even though he's actually not gone much the past three weeks, the days I needed him to go were met with lots of whining, whimpering and frustrations about how his summer has been horrible.  Horrible, no more.  Strawberry lemonade, I LOVE YOU.  

Swimming.  My children are water bugs.  Silas and Jeremiah a little more than Eli {who loves the water, but fears his head going under water and insists on using floaties} - but swimming is always a fan favorite.  Our sweet and generous neighbors have invited us over the past couple of days and the boys are loving it.  We were getting a kick out of them doing cannonballs and pushing one another into the pool.  I tried to get a photo of them all jumping at the same time, but they didn't have the patience to stand there and wait til everyone was there and ready to go.  I mean, I gave it a valiant effort, but they weren't having it.  I did manage to get a few cute photos, bad lighting and all.  Ya know taking photos in mid day, full on sun and harsh lighting is like fingers on a chalkboard to me - but, sometimes ya just gotta go with it.  

Baby Jeremiah did get in the pool, but obviously I was in with him.  The other times, he was perfectly content sitting outside the gate enjoying the chaos of the other four and eating graham crackers.  I mean, who wouldn't enjoy that?


Eli and Arden tag-teaming it, pushing in Silas.  He didn't mind. 
This photo kills me.  I love both Arden and Eli's faces.  Classic.
Btw - Eli was all about pushing everyone else in, but you better believe he never jumped!  {Everyone was banned from pushing him, because he is legitimately afraid to submerge}
Annnd, another of the thousand jumps from Silas.

0 Comments