photo{s} a day, twenty four: just blah.

Today was my first day back at work in two weeks.  Baby Jeremiah actually did great.  I was a bit surprised he behaved so well, after two weeks off!  There are many days when I know he is done and today, he was simply an angel.  Maybe it's because he actually feels good.  Silas went on his weekly field trip to Seaworld Aquatica and Eli had Water Day at preschool.  One would think they would have both had great days, right?  But both complained they didn't have any "highs", only "lows".  

We do "high, lows" every night at dinner.  I mean, could it have been that bad?

I find myself kind of feeling the same.  Nothing was particularly bad about today, I just came home kind of blah. {Okay, A LOT blah.}  It didn't help that I really didn't want to come home and cook today, so I stopped by Little Caesars to grab a pizza.  Yeah, healthy, I know!  But sometimes you just gotta.  I got all the way home, Dusty opened the box and it looked like it had been sitting on the shelf for the entire day.  Oh, and it was burned and the crust was rock hard.  Yup.  On any other day, I probably would have tossed it and figured something out.  Today, something in my will wanted my $5 back.  So, {without the best attitude}, I drove back.  I walked in and very politely asked, "Could I please have a fresh pizza?"  {blank stare.}  "Uhhh, okay.  Here."  {as she walked off to chat with another employee}  I started to walk out the door, turned back and asked, "Umm, could I have my money back, please?  I mean, I had to drive all the way home and back."  {blank stare.}  "Uhhh, okay."  {hands me a five dollar bill out of the register.}  As I was walking out the door, they started laughing.  

Really?  Okay.  Sorry it's funny my pizza was burned.  Thanks.  And thanks for laughing!  
Ahhh, sometimes, things just aren't happening...

I think we're all just ready for everything to be back to normal.  I guess it can weigh on you after awhile.  Silas had a little meltdown on the way home from school about how his summer was just horrible because Daddy was sick and we couldn't do anything and that he doesn't want to go to daycare.  Eli said there was "not one fun thing he did at school today.  Just nothing.  Nothing at all.  Hmmph."  I think we are all just a little bit discouraged today.    

We just need to remember {and live by} this - “'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."  2 Corinthians 12:9.

His mercies are new every morning.  Every morning.  Something to chew on tonight.

Dusty helped Silas with his rocket for Cub Scouts.  

If this doesn't make you smile, what will?  This is Jeremiah's face after trying his first popsicle.
Priceless.

0 Comments