photo{s} a day, thirty eight: green Chucks and a secret operation.
Oh. what. a. day.
Didn't I say that yesterday? Today is Wednesday {obviously}, so that means it's Seaworld Aquatica day for Silas, water day for Eli, and my long work day {for the summer, anyway}. The morning was off to a normal start and getting out the door was rather smooth - oh, except Eli. That boy is always lagging behind. When I said, "Let's go!", of course, he was shoeless. That's okay... I know by now that he needs gentle reminders to stay on task. So, I said I'd meet him by the front door, since I had to go downstairs and grab a few things before walking out the door.
Typically, on water day, he wears his water shoes {or sandals}. He came prancing down in his new green, high top Chucks - on the wrong feet, no less. Oh, but that's not uncommon - that's an everyday thing, too. His shoes are always on the opposite feet, but we're working on that! I took one look, giggled at the greatness of his attire and just let it be. I looked down at Silas, who was already about to laugh and said, "Don't you say one, word!! {Wink, wink}". We kinda have a secret code when it comes to Eli. {Mind you, we do not make fun of Eli. He is GREAT! I know I may sound a little sarcastic at times, but that child brings more JOY to my heart than I could ever express. He has a way about him that melts my heart to shreds. So, when I say we have a "code" regarding when Eli does something funny or cute, we just know - "that's Eli." Plus, he has such a sensitive little soul. If he thinks that you are laughing AT him, it breaks his little heart. That's difficult, because he is naturally so funny. So, we've learned to hold it in and just smile to ourselves. Silas totally gets this now, too.}
I am getting SO off topic. Ha! Anyway, it ended up that Eli didn't even go to water day. Nanny had come to watch Jeremiah while I worked, so he wanted to go with her. He said, "all I ask, Mom, is just a one day break from school. Ugh {wiping his brow} - it's EXHAUSTING!!" I obliged, as there was no reason not to, so he got his break. When I needed to go across the street to get an iced tea, I asked if he wanted to come with me to get an icee.
He said, "YES! It's a DATE!"
I said, "Alright. Let's go, handsome."
Without a beat, he replied, "Come on, beautiful."
Like I said, I love him!
We got home from school around 3:00 p.m. and I headed straight for the playroom. Note: our playroom is a room that the previous owners built in the garage. It has never been more than a dump for a heap of toys, really. Once we finished the inside of the house, I never quite made it out there to do anything fun with that room. Well, Operation Play Room has officially begun, and I am a mad woman. I have so many ideas and plans. The boys are going on their big Cub Scout Camp-out this weekend, so I may or not be planning a little surprise make-over for when they return. Shhhh. It's a secret. I only hope my vision turns out as planned. I have enlisted the help of my co-worker, Mrs. Judy {a.k.a. Miss Amazing at EVERYTHING Imaginable}. There's nothing she cannot do and she is always willing to lend a hand. I am so excited. You better believe, before and after photos will be happening. Stay tuned. The big reveal will be Sunday.
With that going on, my mind is going one hundred million miles per hour. I am not good at secrets, I am not good at waiting and the two of those things together kill me. If it were up to me, it would have been done yesterday, 10 minutes after I had the master plan conceptualized. Really, it's a good thing I have something to do, because I have never been away from my boys longer than a night. I would have been twiddling my thumbs all day and night, not knowing what to do with myself. I will miss the little guys, but I cannot wait to see what happens when they return. Stay tuned, friends.
Didn't I say that yesterday? Today is Wednesday {obviously}, so that means it's Seaworld Aquatica day for Silas, water day for Eli, and my long work day {for the summer, anyway}. The morning was off to a normal start and getting out the door was rather smooth - oh, except Eli. That boy is always lagging behind. When I said, "Let's go!", of course, he was shoeless. That's okay... I know by now that he needs gentle reminders to stay on task. So, I said I'd meet him by the front door, since I had to go downstairs and grab a few things before walking out the door.
Typically, on water day, he wears his water shoes {or sandals}. He came prancing down in his new green, high top Chucks - on the wrong feet, no less. Oh, but that's not uncommon - that's an everyday thing, too. His shoes are always on the opposite feet, but we're working on that! I took one look, giggled at the greatness of his attire and just let it be. I looked down at Silas, who was already about to laugh and said, "Don't you say one, word!! {Wink, wink}". We kinda have a secret code when it comes to Eli. {Mind you, we do not make fun of Eli. He is GREAT! I know I may sound a little sarcastic at times, but that child brings more JOY to my heart than I could ever express. He has a way about him that melts my heart to shreds. So, when I say we have a "code" regarding when Eli does something funny or cute, we just know - "that's Eli." Plus, he has such a sensitive little soul. If he thinks that you are laughing AT him, it breaks his little heart. That's difficult, because he is naturally so funny. So, we've learned to hold it in and just smile to ourselves. Silas totally gets this now, too.}
I am getting SO off topic. Ha! Anyway, it ended up that Eli didn't even go to water day. Nanny had come to watch Jeremiah while I worked, so he wanted to go with her. He said, "all I ask, Mom, is just a one day break from school. Ugh {wiping his brow} - it's EXHAUSTING!!" I obliged, as there was no reason not to, so he got his break. When I needed to go across the street to get an iced tea, I asked if he wanted to come with me to get an icee.
He said, "YES! It's a DATE!"
I said, "Alright. Let's go, handsome."
Without a beat, he replied, "Come on, beautiful."
Like I said, I love him!
We got home from school around 3:00 p.m. and I headed straight for the playroom. Note: our playroom is a room that the previous owners built in the garage. It has never been more than a dump for a heap of toys, really. Once we finished the inside of the house, I never quite made it out there to do anything fun with that room. Well, Operation Play Room has officially begun, and I am a mad woman. I have so many ideas and plans. The boys are going on their big Cub Scout Camp-out this weekend, so I may or not be planning a little surprise make-over for when they return. Shhhh. It's a secret. I only hope my vision turns out as planned. I have enlisted the help of my co-worker, Mrs. Judy {a.k.a. Miss Amazing at EVERYTHING Imaginable}. There's nothing she cannot do and she is always willing to lend a hand. I am so excited. You better believe, before and after photos will be happening. Stay tuned. The big reveal will be Sunday.
With that going on, my mind is going one hundred million miles per hour. I am not good at secrets, I am not good at waiting and the two of those things together kill me. If it were up to me, it would have been done yesterday, 10 minutes after I had the master plan conceptualized. Really, it's a good thing I have something to do, because I have never been away from my boys longer than a night. I would have been twiddling my thumbs all day and night, not knowing what to do with myself. I will miss the little guys, but I cannot wait to see what happens when they return. Stay tuned, friends.

0 Comments