photo{s} a day, forty: barely made it.

Woah.  Today was the craziest day.  I say, "the", because I have said the last couple of days have been nuts.  Well, this takes the cake.  

I literally did not stop all day.  I got up, did my double up Friday workouts, got ready, dropped the big boys with my SIL for awhile and ran errand, after errand, after errand {all having to do with Operation Playroom}.  There's so many little things that I need for this to fall into place.  I had to pick up photos from one store, check out some second hand stores, find a real map {who uses maps anymore with GPS?  It was harder than I thought to actually find...}, etc. etc.  I can't wait to post some photos or even explain what my theme is, but Dusty has no idea - and in case he is reading this from the big Cub Scout Camp-out, I'm keeping it a secret.  I am not quite finished yet, but so close.  I wrapped up the painting today and started bringing stuff back into the room to organize.  I also worked on some DIY crafty type projects.  Mostly, I need to hang everything on the walls and get my garage re-organized {ya know - last weekend's project?  Well, taking everything out of the playroom has made another giant mess in our newly cleaned garage}{sigh}.  Don't worry, everything will get put back in it's place - all in due time.  It seems like you have to make an even bigger mess before things start looking up.  Organizing is no picnic, I tell ya.

In any case, I think the boys will want to live in this room.  When I finished what I could tonight, I sat in there for awhile, just staring at everything.  I mean, who knows how great it really is - but there's something about envisioning a project and seeing it to it's fruition.  I am happy it's coming together.  Hurray!

Okay, so my photos of the day.  Boy, was this ever challenging!  So, Dusty took the laptop to the Apple Store to get the screen fixed {a few of the pixels were out}.  So, I don't have that laptop - the mother of all laptops!  It's SO stinkin' fast, amazing and just beautiful.  It's really difficult to use another machine after using that one - especially for editing.  I have access to two other laptops - we'll call them the "school laptop" and the "white laptop".  The white laptop needs a card reader, but I couldn't find one anywhere!  I don't ever need one anymore, because I just stick the SD card in the side of Dusty's laptop.  {Sigh}.  So, I grabbed the school laptop that I have been working on from home.  There is a card reader on that one, but Aperture and Photoshop are not installed.  So, I loaded my photos.  They were too big to e-mail, since they were in raw form.  I drug both files to dropbox.  I then picked up the white laptop that runs slower than a slug.  I think it took 10 minutes just to load one photo into Aperture.  Oh, and the white laptop does have Photoshop, but it won't let me log in.  {Giant sigh.}  Soooo, my photos are halfway edited.  I don't even know if all that made sense.  Basically, it was a giant task to do this today, but at least I barely squeezed them in...


Baby boy excited about being in the back of the cart for the first time.  I believe this was our second of three trips to Target today.  Seriously, a million things went wrong today!  I had to exchange three different things - two were the wrong color and one was missing some parts :/ 
#SeatonSniffSummer day who knows?  Sadly, Elizabeth and I both bailed today.  Mel generously said the kids could come over and swim while we did our busy things.  So, she had 9 kids all by herself... the twins were napping when I took this.  Anyway, she is amazing!  She fed them all lunch and then somehow managed to make them cupcake ice cream cones for dessert.  My SIL is the most amazing SIL on the face of the planet.  Not only is she Mrs. Martha Stewart, but is so generous, so giving and so lovable!  Thanks, Mel, for your help today!  You have no idea how much that helped/blessed me!

0 Comments