photo{s} a day, nineteen: #seatonsniffsummer day 2 - of swimming and an injury.
Word.
I. am. clumsy.
There's just no denying it - I am a clumsy individual. I constantly trip over myself, run into things {you should see the bruises on my legs}, hit my head, etc. I mean, I try and just casually keep going like nothing happened, but yeah - I'm 100% positive people catch glimpses of these scenarios and have a good laugh. Dusty at this point just shakes his head.
So, today was #seatonsniffsummer day 2. Clearly, last week did not happen with the whole hospital thing.
This week, I requested that we meet somewhere fairly close to where we live, so I wouldn't have to leave Dusty for too long. I feel bad leaving, but the boys really needed to get out of the house at this point. So, we met at the YMCA for swimming.
Not 10 minutes in, of course, Eli needed to use the restroom. Okay, I have NO idea how this happened, but somehow when I opened the door to take him back inside, I must've pulled it really hard and it flew open over my foot. My left foot, which is weird in itself, since my right foot was closest to the door. Who knows? I limped to the bathroom, not sure what had just taken place. As I stood in the stall, I braced myself, knowing I needed to take off my shoe and see what was going on down there. It was throbbing, so thought it would be bruised or mildly stubbed.
Umm, the nail on my big toe was bent entirely in half, it was pouring blood, the flesh underneath looked like it went through a meat grinder and well, there's really no way to describe what it looked like. I realized right away that the nail was not broken, just bent, and it would either have to be bent back, or cut off. As gross as it is, I wish I wouldn't have my phone in hand to take a photo of said injury.
I wobbled back with Eli and my SIL, Melanie, went to grab someone that could help me. I ended up in the First Aid room, surrounded by about 7 lifeguards hovering around to get a glimpse, and a poor girl trying to help me out. I could tell she didn't want to touch it - not because it was gross - but because she was too afraid she was going to hurt me. She asked what I wanted to do. We decided bending it back would be too painful and it just needed to be cut off. But, it was literally piercing into my skin. So, I held a lifeguard's hand {while squeezing the living daylights out of it} while she cut and everyone else watched, fascinated. They were all excited to watch {apparently they don't get a lot of action around there} and were amazed I wasn't screaming. To that I replied, "because {deep breath} I've {deep breath} given {deep breath} natural child birth, I can. do. anything. {deep breath}."
It was throbbing. But, I made it home in one piece. Thankfully. We all decided it was amazing I was able to do that with my shoe on, and also cut the bottom of the toe as well. How in the world? But apparently, they've had issues with those doors. There's a space at the bottom of the door and I guess I'm not the first person to get scraped by it pulling over their foot - just not that bad.
Oh well. My story and my lack of photo cannot do it justice. Just ask Melanie or Elizabeth who saw it first hand. Gross.
Oh, and the kids finally got to swim after I returned from my minor surgery in the lifeguard room. The kids had fun and I think they wore themselves out. You know they're tired when they come up to you and say they're ready to go home! Of course, getting a photo was a must... and you can also tell I probably should've forced the photo at the beginning of our day. Ha, it's entertaining, nonetheless!
I. am. clumsy.
There's just no denying it - I am a clumsy individual. I constantly trip over myself, run into things {you should see the bruises on my legs}, hit my head, etc. I mean, I try and just casually keep going like nothing happened, but yeah - I'm 100% positive people catch glimpses of these scenarios and have a good laugh. Dusty at this point just shakes his head.
So, today was #seatonsniffsummer day 2. Clearly, last week did not happen with the whole hospital thing.
This week, I requested that we meet somewhere fairly close to where we live, so I wouldn't have to leave Dusty for too long. I feel bad leaving, but the boys really needed to get out of the house at this point. So, we met at the YMCA for swimming.
Not 10 minutes in, of course, Eli needed to use the restroom. Okay, I have NO idea how this happened, but somehow when I opened the door to take him back inside, I must've pulled it really hard and it flew open over my foot. My left foot, which is weird in itself, since my right foot was closest to the door. Who knows? I limped to the bathroom, not sure what had just taken place. As I stood in the stall, I braced myself, knowing I needed to take off my shoe and see what was going on down there. It was throbbing, so thought it would be bruised or mildly stubbed.
Umm, the nail on my big toe was bent entirely in half, it was pouring blood, the flesh underneath looked like it went through a meat grinder and well, there's really no way to describe what it looked like. I realized right away that the nail was not broken, just bent, and it would either have to be bent back, or cut off. As gross as it is, I wish I wouldn't have my phone in hand to take a photo of said injury.
I wobbled back with Eli and my SIL, Melanie, went to grab someone that could help me. I ended up in the First Aid room, surrounded by about 7 lifeguards hovering around to get a glimpse, and a poor girl trying to help me out. I could tell she didn't want to touch it - not because it was gross - but because she was too afraid she was going to hurt me. She asked what I wanted to do. We decided bending it back would be too painful and it just needed to be cut off. But, it was literally piercing into my skin. So, I held a lifeguard's hand {while squeezing the living daylights out of it} while she cut and everyone else watched, fascinated. They were all excited to watch {apparently they don't get a lot of action around there} and were amazed I wasn't screaming. To that I replied, "because {deep breath} I've {deep breath} given {deep breath} natural child birth, I can. do. anything. {deep breath}."
It was throbbing. But, I made it home in one piece. Thankfully. We all decided it was amazing I was able to do that with my shoe on, and also cut the bottom of the toe as well. How in the world? But apparently, they've had issues with those doors. There's a space at the bottom of the door and I guess I'm not the first person to get scraped by it pulling over their foot - just not that bad.
Oh well. My story and my lack of photo cannot do it justice. Just ask Melanie or Elizabeth who saw it first hand. Gross.
Oh, and the kids finally got to swim after I returned from my minor surgery in the lifeguard room. The kids had fun and I think they wore themselves out. You know they're tired when they come up to you and say they're ready to go home! Of course, getting a photo was a must... and you can also tell I probably should've forced the photo at the beginning of our day. Ha, it's entertaining, nonetheless!

0 Comments