photo{s} a day, thirty two: a big change.
Alright, you guys - I gotta be honest, I'm a little hesitant about this post. But, I'm all about transparency, so here goes.
To begin, I don't like controversy, debates, or really love when someone just flat out offers their opinion about something I didn't specifically ask them about {that is, when it's being directed at me}. Call it pride, or whatever you will - I just don't like it. So, I know if there is a topic I'm insecure about or am not excited about what people might think, I tend to avoid it. I think with everything, there's two sides. Some topics warrant very strong opinions - like politics, religion, or how to discipline your kids, to name a few. This is an issue that I've gotten strong thoughts on from the few people that do know, and really it came down to - okay, I'm glad you think that, but this is a personal choice.
I know, I know - you're like, cut to the chase already. WHAT on earth are you talking about and wherever you're going with this, please just GO there already!
I'm talking about co-sleeping. Yeah. I'm sure your mind is probably already spinning {or, maybe it's not and you're thinking what's the big deal?} All three of our babies have co-slept. Honestly, I never thought about it prior to having kids and never anticipated doing it. When I had Silas, somehow it just happened. And then it happened again. And again {even though I denied I'd do it a third time!} I don't really even know the reasons, except I'm crazy overprotective and like having them with me. I do know several other people that have co-slept with their kids, but again, it's an issue I never feel comfortable bringing up, because it tends to raise a ton of negative reactions.
Of course, there comes a time when a transition has to be made. And, that time is right about now. I've been made fun of about why I even have a crib - but hey, it gets used eventually. Jeremiah has napped in his crib {when we're actually home for a nap, rather than at school} and it's not the first time he's been in there. But, here he is, playing in his crib and getting used to his new home - I mean, bed.
I love this sweet baby boy and I think it's probably more of a transition for mommy than him.
{Sigh}
{They grow up way too fast.}
{p.s. I know all the arguments to both sides of this issue... just enjoy the photos, please!}
{Thank you, in advance!}
To begin, I don't like controversy, debates, or really love when someone just flat out offers their opinion about something I didn't specifically ask them about {that is, when it's being directed at me}. Call it pride, or whatever you will - I just don't like it. So, I know if there is a topic I'm insecure about or am not excited about what people might think, I tend to avoid it. I think with everything, there's two sides. Some topics warrant very strong opinions - like politics, religion, or how to discipline your kids, to name a few. This is an issue that I've gotten strong thoughts on from the few people that do know, and really it came down to - okay, I'm glad you think that, but this is a personal choice.
I know, I know - you're like, cut to the chase already. WHAT on earth are you talking about and wherever you're going with this, please just GO there already!
I'm talking about co-sleeping. Yeah. I'm sure your mind is probably already spinning {or, maybe it's not and you're thinking what's the big deal?} All three of our babies have co-slept. Honestly, I never thought about it prior to having kids and never anticipated doing it. When I had Silas, somehow it just happened. And then it happened again. And again {even though I denied I'd do it a third time!} I don't really even know the reasons, except I'm crazy overprotective and like having them with me. I do know several other people that have co-slept with their kids, but again, it's an issue I never feel comfortable bringing up, because it tends to raise a ton of negative reactions.
Of course, there comes a time when a transition has to be made. And, that time is right about now. I've been made fun of about why I even have a crib - but hey, it gets used eventually. Jeremiah has napped in his crib {when we're actually home for a nap, rather than at school} and it's not the first time he's been in there. But, here he is, playing in his crib and getting used to his new home - I mean, bed.
I love this sweet baby boy and I think it's probably more of a transition for mommy than him.
{Sigh}
{They grow up way too fast.}
{p.s. I know all the arguments to both sides of this issue... just enjoy the photos, please!}
{Thank you, in advance!}
![]() |
| Kisses for big brother. |
![]() |
| "Hey Mom. What's the big idea?" |
![]() |
| Peek-a-boo with Eli. |



0 Comments