the longest week - ever.

Wow.  You guys.  What a week.

I mean, I. am. tired.  So are the boys.  Getting back to school mode is definitely an adjustment.  I am so thankful for the summer and the schedule that we are able to have.  I am sure to everyone else in the world that works 40+ hours every week of the year - I sound like an absolute baby.  Buuuut, when you've had an easy schedule for two months, getting back to the grind definitely takes a toll on ya.

That being said, it was a good week.  The boys were both excited about their classes and did very well, considering.  The biggest adjustment this week was definitely for Eli.  It's a long day for a little guy that still naps everyday.  Also, he doesn't quite understand his boundaries.  He has a lot more freedom in Kinder, as far as going to and from his class by himself, being able to be excused to use the restroom and go solo, being able to go get a drink of water, etc.  The interesting equation is that he also knows that his mom, his grandma and his great grandma work there.  Also, his brother goes to school there too.  Let's just say he has wandered to the front office, my office {on at least 5 occasions, maybe more} and even Silas' classroom.  He just popped in to say "hey" during his recess.  I keep telling everyone {joking, but not really} that they've gotta have eagle eyes on that child.  He's also very oblivious.  He's just happy-go-lucky and definitely not black and white like Silas.  They do not compute things the same.  Where Silas is my rule follower who does things because that's how things are done, Eli is - well, more go with the flow.  Let's just say I had some laughs this week at that child.  Oh, how I love him.

When I asked him about his first day of school he said, "Good.  There were only a couple of mishaps.  But, good."

For fun, I asked the boys a few q&a's.  

First, Silas {he wasn't all that excited about this.}

How was your first week of school?
"Mmmm, it was good.  I learned different things."
What was your favorite subject?
"Umm, let's see.  History.  I like history because you learn about the past."
What are you most excited about?
"Umm, I am most excited about let's see... for the Fall Festival because I am gonna wear a Halo costume."
What's your favorite thing about school?
"Learning, because I just like it."

And, Eli.  {he thought the interview was funny.}


How was your first week of school?
"Uhh, hmm.  Medium.  Because the work wasn't that good.  PE was fun.  And, I really would like it if we took a day off from every school in the world."
What was your favorite subject?
"My favorite subject?  I don't even know what a subject is, MOM!"  {after I explained...}  "My favorite thing to learn about was, hmmm, learning how to draw an umbrella."
What are you most excited about?
"My most excited part is PE."
What's your favorite thing about school?
"Mmm, it starts with a letter P.  Actually, it starts with an L.  Lunch."

I die.  Can't even handle it.  So funny.

their troop went to a fire house this week!

at the football game last night.

our view at the game - right by the ocean!

Eli's family tree. 
he does love lunch.


Not sure about football.

Baby J learned how to say "Eli"




1 Comments