last family Saturday of the summer.

Today was our last Saturday before school starts.  Our last hurrah.  Our last summer family day.  We wanted to find something to do that didn't cost a lot of money, but that would still be fun {on another hot day!}  I had the idea to go to Viejas because there's a big water popper fountain that the kids can run around in.  So, we put them in their suits and headed on our merry way.

I made a picnic lunch and we found a great shaded spot to eat by the fountain, while we watched tons of other kiddos splash around and have a blast.  We took our time, just enjoying one another's company.  Finally, the boys were finished with their lunch and ready to head out.  I took off their shirts, liberally applied sunscreen and sent them down to play to their heart's content.  As soon as Silas walked in, they closed the fountain for cleaning.  When I asked how long it would be, they said an hour.  Hmm.  What to do?  

We found an arcade and had a blast in there for a bit.  The boys scored two yo yo's {one blue and one green}{their favorite colors}, two laffy taffys and four tootsie rolls {with 76 tickets - or, $3.00, however you want to look at it!}

Then, we enjoyed a sweet treat.  Each boy got to pick what they wanted.  Eli chose m&m's and Silas chose a churro.  Baby J had the pleasure of sharing with both!  He agreed that both were equally fantastic.

Next, Eli and I went on a "date".  I have been promising some alone time with just him {NO baby was allowed, as per his request!}.  We went to a fun toy store and he carefully browsed every item in that store.  He found loads of things he thought his brothers would like/want.  He ended up with 7 mini animal figures that he just fell in love with. {he adores anything small and is obsessed with all things animal} #score.

When I found Dusty, Silas and Jeremiah, Jeremiah had a new accessory.  Si and daddy bought him some shoes at the Nike outlet.  Apparently it was Silas' idea, because he really, really, really wants baby J to learn how to walk.  He even prayed at lunch that baby J would start walking.   
{Oh, and Silas picked out the shoes that you will see below}
{That's all I'm gonna say}

Finally, the water popper fountain opened again.  It was a HUGE hit.  Silas ran over to us several times proclaiming, "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for taking me here.  This is the BEST!!"  Eli loved it, and Jeremiah got a kick out of watching and getting a little bit wet himself.  The rules were that you had to have shoes on, so he was good to go!  Ha!

After the boys were done, we dried them off and headed to the car.  We picked up a pizza on the way home, as the perfect ending to our family day.

And this is when he realized he was standing on his own!


Big boy!  #blueeyes

it was like torture getting them to stop for two seconds and pose for a photo.  buuuut, 

I LOVE this photo! 
I could eat him up.  Love that smile!


my look-a-likes.


the boys.  you can tell Silas and Eli just want to play!  but baby J has his award winner showing ;)




0 Comments