a visit with Mamaw.


I've said it a thousand times, I'll say it again - saying goodbye never gets easier.  My mom came for a short visit this time {five days, not including travel days.  those just don't count.  why would they?} and before I blink, it's over.  We had a great time though.  We packed our five days full of fun and memorable things.  

Yesterday we went out to Eastlake to ride scooters and feed the ducks.  Eli, in particular gets a kick out of this.  The child is obsessed with animals.  Baby J picked up on the idea instantly {due to the fact that he is totally into 1.) throwing things and 2.) copying}.  They went through an entire loaf of bread in probably 5 minutes.  Hey, don't blame me if they ducks look a little bloated.  

What I love about my mom coming {besides the fact that I miss her and enjoy her company}, is that she invests so much into my kids.  The entire time she is here, she devotes to them.  Whether that is playing in the playroom for hours, making sandcastles at the beach, playing pretend ninja or animal something with Eli, throwing the ball with Jeremiah and teaching him new words, playing board games with the boys, taking them to the park, etc.  I know she's tired by the time she leaves because she goes from the moment she wakes.  And you better believe the boys aren't gonna let her have a free second.  Silas mentioned during this visit that, "when Mamaw is here, all we do is have fun!"  I truly appreciate the time, effort, and most importantly - love - that she invests into them.  There's nothing like watching someone love on your kids and seeing them as you do.  It's invaluable.

Today was not without some tears from the boys, but luckily - we'll be seeing Mamaw and Papaw soon.  Thanks for taking the time to come see us, Mamaw.  We love you and miss you already.


saying goodbye at the airport.  They were only smiling for the camera but were actually pretty upset.

My two cubbies, eating dinner.

1 Comments

  1. Every moment spent with my precious grandsons and their mommy and daddy is cherished. Sometimes I wonder why I have to be away from all 5 of my grandkids and both kids, then God reminds me He is enough and gives me strength. Thanks papaw for knowing when I have to get a fix and to Dusty for indulging my visits. Although my home is over a thousand miles away, my heart lives with you!

    ReplyDelete