our thursday and friday adventures.
We have had another busy couple of days. Yesterday, I worked and then had 5 kids by my lonesome again! Mel was finishing up some things at work, so the big girls, the boys and I had quite the afternoon.
First, we headed to Rohr Park for a picnic and to play on the playground. That was kind of short lived, because it was so HOT. We had the mildest summer ever and I just knew it was going to be stifling around the time school was about to start back. Happens every year. After the park, we of course, headed to McDonald's for ice cream cones. They were all hot and thirsty, so it was the logical thing to do. Next stop - the Dollar Tree. What kid doesn't love a good dollar store? Each kid was allowed to pick one thing. You can imagine how long it takes for 5 kiddos to make a decision on only one thing from the entire store?! I'd say they made some pretty good picks, nonetheless.
Finally, we went to a thrift store. That was loads of fun! I mean, we were hysterically laughing at some of the things we saw {such as funny wigs, clothes, some bad prom dresses, etc.} and I was made to feel really old explaining some items, such as records, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, real phones {ya know, like landlines that people used to have in their homes}, etc. I mean, our kids really do not know what these things are?!
After a wild afternoon with five kids, we came home for about an hour and then headed to Parent Orientation to meet with the boy's new teachers and parents of the kids that would be in the class. Of course, I kind of already know the 411 since I do work there, but I needed to make an appearance, regardless! I am so excited about both of the boy's teachers and cannot wait for them to start on Monday {because they are so excited!}{the mom part of me is not ready, but I gotta go with it!}{it's happening.}
Today, we had our all staff breakfast at the Hotel Del in Coronado. It was fabulous! Afterwards, I met up with the Seatons for our last #seatonsniffsummerfriday. Sad! The other half of the Sniffs ended up unable to make it at the last minute, but we still enjoyed some frozen yogurt on this unfortunately hot day {I seriously cannot believe the heat is coming now.} Silas branched out and tried a new flavor - cupcake, with sprinkles. Eli made a divine mixture of chocolate & cupcake with rainbow sprinkles and a giant gummy shark. #yum.
It's our final weekend before school starts! I seriously cannot believe it. Seriously. I am in total denial. Happy weekend everyone! Hopefully we'll come up with something fun to end the summer with a bang ;)
First, we headed to Rohr Park for a picnic and to play on the playground. That was kind of short lived, because it was so HOT. We had the mildest summer ever and I just knew it was going to be stifling around the time school was about to start back. Happens every year. After the park, we of course, headed to McDonald's for ice cream cones. They were all hot and thirsty, so it was the logical thing to do. Next stop - the Dollar Tree. What kid doesn't love a good dollar store? Each kid was allowed to pick one thing. You can imagine how long it takes for 5 kiddos to make a decision on only one thing from the entire store?! I'd say they made some pretty good picks, nonetheless.
![]() |
| Eli chose a ninja, I think Silas' pick is pretty obvious, Zoe got some lipgloss {that she is modeling}, baby J got a whistle and Maddy - ya can't miss her pick either ;) |
Finally, we went to a thrift store. That was loads of fun! I mean, we were hysterically laughing at some of the things we saw {such as funny wigs, clothes, some bad prom dresses, etc.} and I was made to feel really old explaining some items, such as records, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, real phones {ya know, like landlines that people used to have in their homes}, etc. I mean, our kids really do not know what these things are?!
| I mean, this is awesome. |
After a wild afternoon with five kids, we came home for about an hour and then headed to Parent Orientation to meet with the boy's new teachers and parents of the kids that would be in the class. Of course, I kind of already know the 411 since I do work there, but I needed to make an appearance, regardless! I am so excited about both of the boy's teachers and cannot wait for them to start on Monday {because they are so excited!}{the mom part of me is not ready, but I gotta go with it!}{it's happening.}
Today, we had our all staff breakfast at the Hotel Del in Coronado. It was fabulous! Afterwards, I met up with the Seatons for our last #seatonsniffsummerfriday. Sad! The other half of the Sniffs ended up unable to make it at the last minute, but we still enjoyed some frozen yogurt on this unfortunately hot day {I seriously cannot believe the heat is coming now.} Silas branched out and tried a new flavor - cupcake, with sprinkles. Eli made a divine mixture of chocolate & cupcake with rainbow sprinkles and a giant gummy shark. #yum.
![]() |
| a table of cuteness. |
It's our final weekend before school starts! I seriously cannot believe it. Seriously. I am in total denial. Happy weekend everyone! Hopefully we'll come up with something fun to end the summer with a bang ;)
![]() |
| The boys came home to find postcards in the mail from their teachers. They were so excited! |



0 Comments