photo{s} a day, forty eight: Jedi Training School

There's so many fun things to do at Disneyland, other than ride rides.  When the lines are long, there is still plenty to do and places to go to get out of the heat.  You just have to know about those things!  One of them {which this particular example has nothing to do with being out of the heat} is the Jedi Training School.  Our boys are at the perfect age for this - 1.) They are old enough to have watched and like Star Wars and 2.) They aren't too old that this "isn't cool".  In fact, it's quite the opposite - it is still very real {especially for Eli}.

Silas did this a couple of years ago, but Eli was too little then.  He was too afraid to go on stage.  But now, being the ninja that he is, this was so in his element.  We lined up early, saving a seat near the front.  They can only pick so many kids, so you need a spot in front.  I reminded him that he needed to go crazy, jump up and down, and wave his arms when the Jedi Master asked who wanted to be trained.  He did great!  I was so excited for him when he got picked.  Silas, too, but I wanted Eli to get to have the experience as well.

Eli was a little freaked out at first because of the costume.  He does love to dress up, but gets a little uneasy or embarrassed when it's not something he chose to do.  Thankfully, once he got his light saber and the training began, he was totally into it.  Once the trainees go through their "training", they get to fight either Darth Vader or Darth Maul.  Finally, once the training is complete, they receive a Jedi diploma for completing the course and fighting the dark side.  Disney really goes all out in everything they do.  Gotta love it!  After all, it is the happiest place on earth.  

Here's the photos from their training.  Yes, technically these are from yesterday, but I didn't have internet on the laptop last night and I wanted to get this done this morning!  I may have a double up blog day, after today's "surprise" activities.  ;)





Can you spot Eli? 



I could not find Eli up there - but can you spot Silas?

0 Comments