simplicity.
Forget toys. Forget the hundred's of dollars that everyone spent on our kids for Christmas - they're just as content with a cardboard box. The boys were entertained for hours last night with a giant box. A giant box that previously held a brand new microwave, now turned into a hide out, a secret cave, a giant ship, you name it...
And the baby? He had more fun eating the paper and ribbon from his Christmas gifts, rather than looking at the actual gifts. He has more fun with a piece of paper than any toy I could find in Target or Toys R Us.
Simplicity.
Isn't that when we're most content? Many of my greatest memories in life are the simple moments. Not loads of gifts {of which I probably couldn't remember 99% of them now} or fancy things, but memories. Moments of simplicity. Like campouts in the living room, camping in the great outdoors with my family or mission trips. It's the times when nothing else matters other than family, enjoying God's beautiful creation or ministering to people who literally have nothing. The times where I don't have to be all dressed up, worry about how I look or how clean the house is. The times were you can stop, be still and really see life as it should be.
And the baby? He had more fun eating the paper and ribbon from his Christmas gifts, rather than looking at the actual gifts. He has more fun with a piece of paper than any toy I could find in Target or Toys R Us.
Simplicity.
Isn't that when we're most content? Many of my greatest memories in life are the simple moments. Not loads of gifts {of which I probably couldn't remember 99% of them now} or fancy things, but memories. Moments of simplicity. Like campouts in the living room, camping in the great outdoors with my family or mission trips. It's the times when nothing else matters other than family, enjoying God's beautiful creation or ministering to people who literally have nothing. The times where I don't have to be all dressed up, worry about how I look or how clean the house is. The times were you can stop, be still and really see life as it should be.
![]() |
| This is the perfect photo to sum up J right now - sitting, proud, drool, tongue out, happy, flirt. p.s. I love my new camera. These photos were taken in crappy light {basically darkness} and I managed some okay photos. I really was just playing around with high iso's but thought his expressions were pretty cute :) |


0 Comments