photo{s} a day - six!

"It's Friday, Friday, gettin' down on Friday..."  

Hallelujah!  I think the first week after any break is always the hardest?  Why?  Readjusting!  Readjusting to not sleeping in a little later.  Readjusting to "school" schedule.  Readjusting to being busier.  It's an adjustment for us all, which makes Friday that much sweeter.

Okay, so remember last weekend we had the girls over for a "cousin party"?  Well, Mel and I decided to re-do the cousin photo with the twins, and also make the writing bigger and better.  I love how it turned out!  Don't you?
11 years to 7 months.  Notice the period at the end ;)


Sooo, I think everyone was really dragging today.  We all kind of slept a little bit later than normal.  I woke up around 5:00 a.m. rather than my usual 4:00 a.m.  Somehow all three boys ended up in mommy and daddy's best last night, so I had to snap a photo.  To be honest, these are some of the sweetest moments.  Yeah, I have next to no space, I get kicked here and there and am fighting for the covers half the night, but I will never tire of these snuggles.  Never.  Have you ever heard the song, "Let them be little"?  Well, I one hundred percent agree.  If you haven't, google it.  And next time your kids wander into your bedroom in the middle of the night, let them stay :)

three little monkeys sleeping in my bed.
Now for the "official" photos of the day.

My first photo today is of baby J.  Let's just say, this babe has had a rough week.  Probably the roughest of all.  He simply cannot get a good nap at work, which leads to extreme bouts of fussiness due to being overtired.  I can get him asleep, but that lasts all of five minutes, as he's constantly being woken up by the phone, people walking in the office, the gate slamming, etc.  So, this is what happens when we get home and the baby hasn't napped all day.... he typically naps from about 2:15 {the second he gets in the car} to about 4:30 p.m. and then is d-o-n-e by about 6:30 p.m.

I love his sweet lips.


Next, is Silas.  Si was riding his scooter, so I thought it'd be a great shot.  Then, he noticed I was taking photos and the little photographer in him started smiling and hamming it up for the camera.  So much for being candid, but at least it's an action shot.  I love Eli in the background :)

I love, love, love this kid.


And finally, Eli -- doing what he does best -- ninja moves!  Hiiiiiii- ya!

this child has some skills.  He constantly wants to show me his "new" moves.  He is always practicing.



0 Comments