photo{s} a day - ten!
Today was somewhat of a monumental day. Basically, we have come to a point and time in the office where something's gotta give. My baby has to learn how to sleep up there...
Easier said, than done.
He naps so well in the afternoon at home. If this were the only nap he needed, then so be it. However, he gets so overtired and I get exhausted just trying to keep him happy. I have the kid all set up. He has a pack and play, blankets, music, toys, a bumbo type seat, etc....not to mention, he is within inches of me. He's basically the king of the office. Obviously there's tons of distractions at work, but my goal is to get him comfortable there in his little "home" to where he can play contently and feel at ease enough to take a rest.
You guys, I'm such a softy when it comes to my babies. The "cry it out" method is not something I handle well. That's probably why I never do/did it. But, Mrs. Judy and I decided it's baby bootcamp time. Not that I don't enjoy holding him all day, but in the end, it's not good for him ... he needs to learn to be secure on his own {I have to be able to walk out of the room or set him down without breaking his heart}. So today, I set him in his pack and play when he was tired and desperately needing a nap. I rubbed his back and turned on some soothing music. I sat there and fought back the tears, guilt and so forth for the entire 75 minutes that it took him to go to sleep.
I hate it. But, he did it. He finally fell asleep and actually stayed asleep {he only catnaps at work}. And guess what? He woke up so happy. And, he didn't hate me or think I didn't love him.. {ha, isn't it the hardest thing ever, especially when they're staring at you with those pitiful eyes?!}
I'm sure I sound ridiculous. I know this is my third child, but this is one of those things that I have yet to learn from past mistakes. Don't judge ;)
So here he is, finally asleep. It was so cute because he finally just gave up, grabbed the blanket, covered part of his face and floated off to la la land.
Easier said, than done.
He naps so well in the afternoon at home. If this were the only nap he needed, then so be it. However, he gets so overtired and I get exhausted just trying to keep him happy. I have the kid all set up. He has a pack and play, blankets, music, toys, a bumbo type seat, etc....not to mention, he is within inches of me. He's basically the king of the office. Obviously there's tons of distractions at work, but my goal is to get him comfortable there in his little "home" to where he can play contently and feel at ease enough to take a rest.
You guys, I'm such a softy when it comes to my babies. The "cry it out" method is not something I handle well. That's probably why I never do/did it. But, Mrs. Judy and I decided it's baby bootcamp time. Not that I don't enjoy holding him all day, but in the end, it's not good for him ... he needs to learn to be secure on his own {I have to be able to walk out of the room or set him down without breaking his heart}. So today, I set him in his pack and play when he was tired and desperately needing a nap. I rubbed his back and turned on some soothing music. I sat there and fought back the tears, guilt and so forth for the entire 75 minutes that it took him to go to sleep.
I hate it. But, he did it. He finally fell asleep and actually stayed asleep {he only catnaps at work}. And guess what? He woke up so happy. And, he didn't hate me or think I didn't love him.. {ha, isn't it the hardest thing ever, especially when they're staring at you with those pitiful eyes?!}
I'm sure I sound ridiculous. I know this is my third child, but this is one of those things that I have yet to learn from past mistakes. Don't judge ;)
So here he is, finally asleep. It was so cute because he finally just gave up, grabbed the blanket, covered part of his face and floated off to la la land.
![]() |
| Don't worry guys, he could breathe! Also, I know the time stamp on the photos are so close together, that just happened to be when I took them. He did sleep longer than 8 minutes! |
![]() |
| Classic baby J face - tongue out! |
![]() |
| I have a feeling you guys may be seeing a lot of "softy"... Eli is a little obsessed with his panda. |
![]() |
| I know I got almost an identical shot of Eli like this. But, they both can be found doing this quite often after school - this is their "down time!" |
![]() |
| because most of my photos are of Silas and Jeremiah together! Eli doesn't like photos much, but he did request this with Jeremiah... and softy! |
![]() |
| couldn't resist. he's just so darn cute. |
![]() |
| annnnd, one without softy. these are my "twins"! their eyes are a bit different, and J's are darker for now. but, I think they're pretty close! |







0 Comments