photo{s} a day - eight
You guys - this weekend has flown by!
Today, we went to church. It's pretty exciting because the church that we go to just started another church not 2 minutes from where we live. We were traveling about 25 minutes to the other location, which has 4 services {all of which have been packed for quite some time now.} There is only one service to start with, at 10:00 a.m. To me, that is perfect! Not too early, not too late. I'm crazy excited because due to the fact that we literally could walk to church now, I feel like we can become a lot more involved. Possibly the best part of the whole day was that I left Jeremiah in the nursery for the second half of the service and he did great! Mommy is so proud. I feel like this is huge! Anyone that's been around him knows that mommy pretty much cannot be out of his sight. However, mommy couldn't compete with all the amazing new toys he had to play with :)
After church, we came home and I made lunch. After lunch, Eli and I went on a date.
He asked, "Mommy, can kids go on dates with grown ups?"
I asked him, "Do you know what a date is? It's when a boy and a girl, go to a special place, just them, and do something fun!"
"Okay, weeeelll, we are a boy. And a girl. Let's go somewhere special."
He has a "teddy bear picnic" at school on Friday that he's been talking about for over a week. Everyday he asks, "is it the teddy bear picnic??" Everyday. Literally. These are the times I wish they wouldn't pump up the kids so much getting them all excited because they have no concept of time!
We had one problem. We lost his favorite panda bear. I have no clue what happened, but I have searched the house inside and out. It is not to be found. It's the case of the missing panda.
So, for our date, I thought I'd take him to pick out a new bear. I promised him if we hadn't found it by the picnic, we'd go get a new one - because let me tell you, he has been stressed out!!
![]() |
| Eli with his new panda, "Softy", of course, because he is so soft. |
![]() |
| You guys, this photo kills me. I cannot look at it without literally laughing out loud. This child - my Silas - is impossible to take a candid photo of {unless he's asleep}. I swear this kid will be a photographer or some sort of director one day. He is always posing photos of Eli or makes him make movies with him. Or often, when I have the camera out, he comes up with all sorts of great ideas. All that to say, they were sitting down eating a snack, watching a movie being all cute. Silas noticed the camera so he started being goofy. Thanks Silas. There's never a dull moment with you! |




0 Comments