photo{s} a day, four: of errands and continued sickies.
It was our last day of Christmas break today. And, we spent the entire day running errands and at the doctor.
Yesterday, as Jeremiah continued to run a fever, I was becoming a little concerned. As he lay next to me last night and I felt his burning skin, I determined I would call the doctor again, first thing in the morning. Something had to be up. After three full days on a strong antibiotic {and ear drops}, he was still feverish and his ear was still draining. This didn't make sense. {After all, I have dealt with more than enough ear infections to know!}
The advise nurse agreed, and set up an appointment for the afternoon.
In the meantime, there were a couple of errands I needed to run, which didn't involve much other than a lot of driving around and me quickly running in a few places. Oh, and I promised the big boys lunch. We went to the gas station, Kohl's, Target, the school, Dusty's work, Marshall's, McDonald's and then the doctor. Whew. If you only knew how far apart all of these locations were! But, we made it.
Poor baby J was a trooper {for the most part}, sleeping a good bit of the time. About the only thing that made him genuinely happy today was this.
Yeah. This soda. He walked around the inside of McDonald's and all around the playground with it in tote. The poor kid has eaten only tidbits of food in days, but he wasn't putting downmy his drink for anything. We needed to kill a bit of time at McDonald's since it was our last stop before the doctor {and I didn't want to go all the way home}. It was a beautiful day and the fresh air was good for him. He didn't do a whole lot, except climb in and sit in this little circle the whole time. He seemed content enough {as content as he was going to be}.
Btw - did you know that if you ask for a kid's cone at McDonald's, they will give you one for free? I found out today.
#score.
When we got to the doctor, he had a 102 temp. We found out that his ears were no better and his rash was by far the worst I have ever seen. The doctor decided to take him off the antibiotic he was on and gave him a shot. We are going back tomorrow for a second dose, because he doesn't think one will be enough. He prescribed a topical powder that should whip that rash right into shape {let's hope!}.
We came home, I got him in the bath, medicined up, and generously applied 2 different creams and his magic powder. By the time Dusty got home, his spirits had dramatically changed. Here's hoping he is MUCH better tomorrow!
Yesterday, as Jeremiah continued to run a fever, I was becoming a little concerned. As he lay next to me last night and I felt his burning skin, I determined I would call the doctor again, first thing in the morning. Something had to be up. After three full days on a strong antibiotic {and ear drops}, he was still feverish and his ear was still draining. This didn't make sense. {After all, I have dealt with more than enough ear infections to know!}
The advise nurse agreed, and set up an appointment for the afternoon.
In the meantime, there were a couple of errands I needed to run, which didn't involve much other than a lot of driving around and me quickly running in a few places. Oh, and I promised the big boys lunch. We went to the gas station, Kohl's, Target, the school, Dusty's work, Marshall's, McDonald's and then the doctor. Whew. If you only knew how far apart all of these locations were! But, we made it.
Poor baby J was a trooper {for the most part}, sleeping a good bit of the time. About the only thing that made him genuinely happy today was this.
Yeah. This soda. He walked around the inside of McDonald's and all around the playground with it in tote. The poor kid has eaten only tidbits of food in days, but he wasn't putting down
Btw - did you know that if you ask for a kid's cone at McDonald's, they will give you one for free? I found out today.
#score.
| This didn't go over all that well though. Baby J really didn't want it. BUT, he wanted to hold it. He screamed every time I tried to take it. You can imagine how well that went. |
When we got to the doctor, he had a 102 temp. We found out that his ears were no better and his rash was by far the worst I have ever seen. The doctor decided to take him off the antibiotic he was on and gave him a shot. We are going back tomorrow for a second dose, because he doesn't think one will be enough. He prescribed a topical powder that should whip that rash right into shape {let's hope!}.
| This was the 3.2 seconds he was remotely happy at the doctor, when he decided he wanted to see the fish. For the remaining 30 minutes we waited in the waiting room -- he cried. |
| Poor little man got a shot. He was so sad. And this is a small glimpse of his sad rash that covers his whole front and back. |
We came home, I got him in the bath, medicined up, and generously applied 2 different creams and his magic powder. By the time Dusty got home, his spirits had dramatically changed. Here's hoping he is MUCH better tomorrow!



0 Comments