the results are in...
Amongst all the craziness that Friday entailed, I missed a big event.
Huge.
Monumental.
THE first report card.
Drum Roll, Please. Dum da da duuuummm.
The results are in, folks. My kid is smart. Ha - I already knew that, of course :)
So, I kind of felt bad. I knew it was Report Card Day and all, but I really didn't see Silas after school on Friday. I was on the phone with the doctor and Grammy grabbed the boys after school so I could figure out what was going on with my crazy baby bump {see yesterday's post for the story}. It was a whirlwind, really. Because I was occupied on the phone when school got out and then they had already gone to their Art class by the time I was finished, I didn't get to say goodbye to them or let them know anything about where I was going.
Silas' backpack was in my office, so I grabbed it as I wobbled out to my car. I immediately thought, "report card!" and pulled the envelope out of his folder, opening it carefully {while grimacing in pain}. The verdict -- All O's {Outstanding - Above curriculum standards} and 1 M {Mastery - Mastery of curriculum standards}. I must say, my little perfectionist has shocked me this year in his handwriting. Let's just say, he knows how to write his letters but he isn't too concerned with the neatness factor. Don't get me wrong - he can write very well if he wants to, but if he's in a hurry -- no can do. It's a sloppy mess. Seriously, this has had me flabbergasted, but also a little bit relieved that he doesn't feel the need to be perfect and tedious with everything {like his Momma!}. The kid can relax! So, in opening his report card, I wasn't a bit surprised to find that his 1 M was in handwriting.
By the time we picked him up on Friday night I felt bad like he should get a reward or something for doing so well. Then, I wondered if I should say anything at all. When I mentioned "report card", he didn't seem to really get it anyway. So I wondered how to approach the subject. It's great he's doing well, but why put the pressure on him this young? I mean, he's not even getting "real" grades yet. So, I basically said, "Silas, I saw your report card today. It tells Mommy how you are doing in school in all your subjects. I am so happy you are learning so much and working so hard. Good job."
He was content with that saying, "Thanks Mom."
In any case, it'll be a fun thing to box away for when he's older :) Can't believe my baby boy is so big.
Just for fun - I was asked to grab a few photos of the kids at P.E. The lighting is atrocious because it's the middle of the day and yeah -- too many shadows and harsh light. But, I couldn't get over how cute the little Kindergarteners were playing capture the flag. Here they are huddling to create their "strategy" to beat the other team. Ha - the game lasted about 10 seconds.
Huge.
Monumental.
THE first report card.
Drum Roll, Please. Dum da da duuuummm.
The results are in, folks. My kid is smart. Ha - I already knew that, of course :)
So, I kind of felt bad. I knew it was Report Card Day and all, but I really didn't see Silas after school on Friday. I was on the phone with the doctor and Grammy grabbed the boys after school so I could figure out what was going on with my crazy baby bump {see yesterday's post for the story}. It was a whirlwind, really. Because I was occupied on the phone when school got out and then they had already gone to their Art class by the time I was finished, I didn't get to say goodbye to them or let them know anything about where I was going.
Silas' backpack was in my office, so I grabbed it as I wobbled out to my car. I immediately thought, "report card!" and pulled the envelope out of his folder, opening it carefully {while grimacing in pain}. The verdict -- All O's {Outstanding - Above curriculum standards} and 1 M {Mastery - Mastery of curriculum standards}. I must say, my little perfectionist has shocked me this year in his handwriting. Let's just say, he knows how to write his letters but he isn't too concerned with the neatness factor. Don't get me wrong - he can write very well if he wants to, but if he's in a hurry -- no can do. It's a sloppy mess. Seriously, this has had me flabbergasted, but also a little bit relieved that he doesn't feel the need to be perfect and tedious with everything {like his Momma!}. The kid can relax! So, in opening his report card, I wasn't a bit surprised to find that his 1 M was in handwriting.
By the time we picked him up on Friday night I felt bad like he should get a reward or something for doing so well. Then, I wondered if I should say anything at all. When I mentioned "report card", he didn't seem to really get it anyway. So I wondered how to approach the subject. It's great he's doing well, but why put the pressure on him this young? I mean, he's not even getting "real" grades yet. So, I basically said, "Silas, I saw your report card today. It tells Mommy how you are doing in school in all your subjects. I am so happy you are learning so much and working so hard. Good job."
He was content with that saying, "Thanks Mom."
In any case, it'll be a fun thing to box away for when he's older :) Can't believe my baby boy is so big.
| please disregard the days absent :) ha ha - I seriously am not even sure how he missed three days. oh well. this helps my perfectionistic nature too! |

0 Comments