poop's not cute.
If there's one thing I do know, it's that this probably makes the list of "things you think will never come out of your mouth".
Friday night, Dusty and I took Eli to Peter Piper Pizza. Silas went to see the monster trucks at Qualcomm Stadium with Pappy so we had the opportunity for some one-on-one time the "the big E-asy" as Dusty calls him. We were talking yesterday and figured out that this was the first time the two of us had taken just Eli somewhere. We often take the boys individually for one-on-one time, but somehow it's never happened together. It felt so different, yet so fun. I tell you - any kid after the first kind of gets jipped. After Friday night, I'd love to be more intentional about doing this with both the boys.
Anyhow, Eli was a giant mess after eating his pizza, so Dusty took him to the bathroom to wash his hands.
About 10 minutes later they finally returned. Dusty told him,
{I about died laughing at this point}
I think he must have either been embarrassed or forgot so Dusty told me the following-
"Well, we went to wash his hands and he decided he needed to go poop. He sat down and there were three teeny tiny poops. He looked at it and said, 'awwww, Daddy. Look! My poo poo is so cute!'"
It is then that Dusty had to inform him,
"Eli, that is not something we say about poop. Poo poo is never CUTE!"
{I died laughing again}
We look over at Eli. He grinned his typical ear-to-ear grin and we can't help but love the kid. He is our little comedian. There's never a dull moment with "the big E-asy" around.
Friday night, Dusty and I took Eli to Peter Piper Pizza. Silas went to see the monster trucks at Qualcomm Stadium with Pappy so we had the opportunity for some one-on-one time the "the big E-asy" as Dusty calls him. We were talking yesterday and figured out that this was the first time the two of us had taken just Eli somewhere. We often take the boys individually for one-on-one time, but somehow it's never happened together. It felt so different, yet so fun. I tell you - any kid after the first kind of gets jipped. After Friday night, I'd love to be more intentional about doing this with both the boys.
Anyhow, Eli was a giant mess after eating his pizza, so Dusty took him to the bathroom to wash his hands.
About 10 minutes later they finally returned. Dusty told him,
"Eli, tell Mommy what you told me."
"Okay. Umm, Mommy. My poo poo all fell down and made a shape. It looked like a rocket ship."
{I about died laughing at this point}
"No, Eli. Not that." to me - "He told me about that time too, but that's not what happened this time." to Eli - "Eli, tell Mommy what you told me."
I think he must have either been embarrassed or forgot so Dusty told me the following-
"Well, we went to wash his hands and he decided he needed to go poop. He sat down and there were three teeny tiny poops. He looked at it and said, 'awwww, Daddy. Look! My poo poo is so cute!'"
It is then that Dusty had to inform him,
"Eli, that is not something we say about poop. Poo poo is never CUTE!"
{I died laughing again}
We look over at Eli. He grinned his typical ear-to-ear grin and we can't help but love the kid. He is our little comedian. There's never a dull moment with "the big E-asy" around.

0 Comments