photo{s} a day, twelve: the hospital
The hospital is an interesting place. I find it intriguing, fascinating, thrilling really. I know I'm a weirdo, but I love going to the doctor and I love the hospital. I could sit here all day watching the patients, the doctors and the nurses - it makes me feel like I'm in an episode of Grey's Anatomy {which you know is one of my favorite shows.} Oh, and my window right now is right above the ER, so I have the perfect view of the ambulances arriving and departing. Before you think I'm completely crazy, I have to say that I don't enjoy that people are in the hospital or that they're sick - in fact, I told Dusty yesterday that having a baby was a much better reason to be in the hospital - it's just that I totally lost my calling. If I could rewind the clock, I would've gone to med school. Perhaps, when the kids are a bit older, I will go back to school. That'd be a dream. I'd love to go get a nursing degree. I mean, love.
Anyway, so yesterday I stayed with Dusty at the hospital until about 9:00 p.m. All the while, the boys went to a pool party and then a birthday party in the evening. They had loads of fun! And today, they are at Legoland. Not too shabby, right? I am so thrilled they are having a great time and are being completely distracted from the situation at hand. It makes my heart full, because otherwise, I'd be completely worried about them too. Not that they can't function without me, that's just a giant chunk of who I am - their mom - and I love that role. Of course, I am a wife too - I guess it just makes me feel divided, since I cannot be two places at once. I am beyond grateful that I don't have to worry about they're doing and know they are not scared and worried, but happy and having the time of their lives. Tonight, they even get to have a sleepover at Grammy & Pappy's with their cousins. They're living the good life.
Dusty is doing pretty well. He's definitely in pain, but bearing through it. He has stayed fever free the past 24 hours and is continuing on his antibiotics. The doctor said this morning that it's possible he could go home tomorrow, but I'm keeping the idea of Monday in my head, so not to get mine or the boy's hopes up.
Oh, btw - there's nothing special about these photos. I knew this morning would be my only opportunity, so it's kind of - I'm on my way out the door and need to snap a photo to portray today. Okay, done. Oh well, you do what you gotta do, right?
![]() |
| The boys ready for Legoland. Oh, this was before we walked out to the car to find my car wouldn't start. Nice. At least my neighbor was home and helped me :/ |
![]() |
| I know this sweet baby boy misses his momma. I feel bad. I adore this face and this view. This is right before we walked out the door and he was wanting me to pick him up. |


0 Comments