photo a day: of doctor's appointments and ear infections
So, I have yet to verbally commit to doing another month of my "photo{s} a day", but I'm kinda leaning in that direction {since it IS summer and all, and I have a little more free time on my hands}. Apparently it was a big hit last time, as many people told me they were upset when I last ended.
So, I brought my camera along today, waiting for a good opportunity to sneak some shots of my boys. Jeremiah had his 12 month appointment, so I thought maybe a moment would come about that required a little documentation. You know - cute baby sitting solely in his diaper with his cute, chunky thighs on the doctor's table - or the boys at the doctor admiring the fish {they adore the doctor simply because of the fish}. It just wasn't that day. Jeremiah was a fuss bucket from beginning to end, so there was no way I was gonna break out my camera in the midst of the madness. Turns out, baby J had good reason to be freaking out - just another double ear infection. {To be clear, this is his ninth ear infection in 6 months, and we are headed to tube-ville.}
So, instead of getting the SIX vaccinations that he was supposed to receive today, he got two shots of an antibiotic. We have found that this is the only thing that actually clears his ears up {often he'll go through 2 or 3 doses of different meds and still have an infection}. The shot is so thick that it has to be divided into two needles, thus the two shots. So, we postponed the six shots and we'll be back for that next week.
The only good news is I did catch the perfect shot - even if it was of my sad, pathetic little babe. I turned around and caught this site in my back seat when I pulled into the driveway. I ever so carefully grabbed my camera out of my purse, quickly turned around and snapped! I wish it was a wider shot, but that's the best I could get in the front seat of my car. Oh well. It's perfectly Silas and perfectly Eli. Silas is lovingly attending to his baby and Eli is in la la land.
Love it.
So, I brought my camera along today, waiting for a good opportunity to sneak some shots of my boys. Jeremiah had his 12 month appointment, so I thought maybe a moment would come about that required a little documentation. You know - cute baby sitting solely in his diaper with his cute, chunky thighs on the doctor's table - or the boys at the doctor admiring the fish {they adore the doctor simply because of the fish}. It just wasn't that day. Jeremiah was a fuss bucket from beginning to end, so there was no way I was gonna break out my camera in the midst of the madness. Turns out, baby J had good reason to be freaking out - just another double ear infection. {To be clear, this is his ninth ear infection in 6 months, and we are headed to tube-ville.}
So, instead of getting the SIX vaccinations that he was supposed to receive today, he got two shots of an antibiotic. We have found that this is the only thing that actually clears his ears up {often he'll go through 2 or 3 doses of different meds and still have an infection}. The shot is so thick that it has to be divided into two needles, thus the two shots. So, we postponed the six shots and we'll be back for that next week.
The only good news is I did catch the perfect shot - even if it was of my sad, pathetic little babe. I turned around and caught this site in my back seat when I pulled into the driveway. I ever so carefully grabbed my camera out of my purse, quickly turned around and snapped! I wish it was a wider shot, but that's the best I could get in the front seat of my car. Oh well. It's perfectly Silas and perfectly Eli. Silas is lovingly attending to his baby and Eli is in la la land.
Love it.

0 Comments