photo{s) a day, thirteen: looking up.

I had to remind myself no less than ten times throughout the day what day it was.  It's funny how when your normalcy gets interrupted, you sort of lose all sense of time.  It's been a crazy week, to say the least.  

And today, well - it was just weird.  I woke up planning to go to the hospital, but when I talked to Dusty, he had already spoken with the doctor and the plan was for him to be released - in a few hours.  Since his dad was already with him, it kind of made more sense for me to go get the boys from his parents house, run a couple of errands and get everything ready for him here.  A few hours turned into 8:00 p.m. but that's a story for another day.  Dusty has quite the tale regarding the details of his day.  

I finally got the boys home - and I missed them!  I quickly noticed they were all very tired, a bit unsettled and really wanting to see Daddy.  The possibility later in the afternoon that Daddy may not get to come home after all led to a plethora of tears and sad stories of how they haven't gotten to see Mommy all week and Daddy is in the hospital.  I get it.  I totally expected them to be a bit emotional, so  I was actually glad they were able to express it.  Silas typically suppresses what he's thinking and it's like pulling teeth getting him to explain how he's feeling.  Eli is very easy to figure out and he has some pretty interesting ways of letting us know it.  Night and day different, I tell ya.  

It was also HOT.  I know it's summer, but it's been so pleasant so far that the heat kinda took me off guard.  Plus, it's not like I've been checking the weather or watching the news.  Heat wave?  Who new?  We have got to get our AC fixed, but for today, I piled my Target cart with box fans.  Oh.  Target.  That was an interesting trip too.  As soon as we got in the store {but of course, had already walked miles away from the bathroom}, Silas needed to use the restroom.  Shocker.  Then, we got icee's, but somehow none of them were frozen even though the little red lights weren't on.  As soon as I found the fans, I realized there wasn't enough room in my shopping cart.  This meant Eli had to walk, which means - well, I'm in for an adventure.  The child gets SO distracted.  There wasn't a good way to put the fans in the cart because of the size of the boxes, so no doubt, they fell off the cart a couple of times.  Oh, and Silas broke a box of lightbulbs.  I still don't know how or why he had lightbulbs?  And, while standing in the check out line {of like a zillion people}, Eli needed to use the restroom {of course}.  Turns out it was #2 and he couldn't wait.  We rushed to the restroom and because my cart was full and the baby was in the cart, I sent him in the family restroom so I could stand next to the door and peek in on him every so often.  Of course, there was no toilet paper.  So, I had to send Silas to the men's restroom to grab him some.  Even though I told him to grab a lot, of course he didn't. When I sent him back, the stalls were full.  I had to send him to the women's.  Eli finally finished up and we headed to the car.  Thankfully, that was over.

I think I collapsed on the floor about 5 times today.  I'm just so tired, I almost didn't know what to do with myself.  What I needed was a giant nap, but that wasn't happening.  This is how much energy I had, folks - I didn't even get off the floor to take my photos.  Heck, I didn't even roll over on my stomach... I was laying on my back on the floor in the boy's room.  My camera was next to me.  Whatever angle I had of each boy is exactly what I took.  And that's why my title is "looking up".  

Dusty made it home and all three boys are asleep in their beds.  Hopefully things will start looking up.  Tomorrow is a new day.

playing on his iPad, of course.  He's missed it the past few days.

Laying on the floor with his power ranger mask.  I'm pretty sure he was mad at me.  Like I said, they were very emotional today at the drop of a hat.

Oh you know, exploring {a.k.a. making a mess}

they were playing together so cute this afternoon.  I love J's expression.

0 Comments