photo{s} a day, six: of gates, aches & being buff.
Baby gates. 100% necessary and crucial at this particular stage in our lives. When Silas and Eli were babies, we were living in our condo. Also, all of their toys were baby toys. It's a whole new world with two stories, lots more space to crawl around and tons of big boy toys including small parts that should not be inserted into the mouth.
{Sigh}
Not to mention, this baby is getting fast. Watching a mobile Jeremiah has brought this parenting thing to a whole new level. Gone are the precious days of sitting him on the floor to play -- and he could not move. I know it hasn't been that long since my other two were babies, but boy do you forget! You simply cannot take your eyes off of him.
So that explains Jeremiah's photo.
Eli. Poor buddy. I am not sure what is up with him. He came crawling into my bed in the early morning hours complaining that his head hurt. I gave him some medicine and snuggled him close. I noticed his body felt a bit warm next to me. I did not take his temperature, but I'm sure he at least had a low grade. However, he woke up happy, perky and his usual self, so I kind of shrugged it off. Then, this afternoon, he came back into my room saying his eyes were burning. Again, I put my cheek on his forehead and he felt somewhat warm. I gave him more medicine and he rested on my bed for a couple of hours. Again, he woke up happy.
I sure hope he isn't coming down with something.
And then, there's Silas. Somehow during dinner, we got to talking about working out and being buff. Oh, Dusty was watching a documentary on Bo Jackson. I could tell Silas' little brain was spinning. Before I could finish cleaning up the dishes, I heard him in the other room. When I walked in, he had some workout equipment on the floor and asked if I could turn on one of my workouts. I obliged, turning on Pure Cardio, one of the Insanity workouts. I went upstairs with the baby, thinking he'd last about 5 minutes. {Eli, Jeremiah and I then played some games for a little bit.} {45 minutes later} -
THEN, he proceeded to check out his muscles in the mirror. I love him! So funny.
{Sigh}
Not to mention, this baby is getting fast. Watching a mobile Jeremiah has brought this parenting thing to a whole new level. Gone are the precious days of sitting him on the floor to play -- and he could not move. I know it hasn't been that long since my other two were babies, but boy do you forget! You simply cannot take your eyes off of him.
So that explains Jeremiah's photo.
![]() |
| Sorry, buddy - that's the end of the trail for you. You may NOT climb, fall, roll, jump {insert any applicable word} down the stairs. I know you want to, but NO. |
Eli. Poor buddy. I am not sure what is up with him. He came crawling into my bed in the early morning hours complaining that his head hurt. I gave him some medicine and snuggled him close. I noticed his body felt a bit warm next to me. I did not take his temperature, but I'm sure he at least had a low grade. However, he woke up happy, perky and his usual self, so I kind of shrugged it off. Then, this afternoon, he came back into my room saying his eyes were burning. Again, I put my cheek on his forehead and he felt somewhat warm. I gave him more medicine and he rested on my bed for a couple of hours. Again, he woke up happy.
I sure hope he isn't coming down with something.
And then, there's Silas. Somehow during dinner, we got to talking about working out and being buff. Oh, Dusty was watching a documentary on Bo Jackson. I could tell Silas' little brain was spinning. Before I could finish cleaning up the dishes, I heard him in the other room. When I walked in, he had some workout equipment on the floor and asked if I could turn on one of my workouts. I obliged, turning on Pure Cardio, one of the Insanity workouts. I went upstairs with the baby, thinking he'd last about 5 minutes. {Eli, Jeremiah and I then played some games for a little bit.} {45 minutes later} -
"Mom, I'm all done!"
"WHAT?? You did the whole thing?!"
"Yup! Do I look stronger? Oh, and Mom... I would like a healthy breakfast tomorrow. How about eggs? Those are healthy, right? And no more desserts. I've gotta get in shape. Please wake me FIRST thing, when you wake, so I can work out."
THEN, he proceeded to check out his muscles in the mirror. I love him! So funny.




0 Comments