photo{s} a day, five: friday summer fun day.
So, I am incredibly blessed to be able to work, yet still be with my kids. My children have basically been raised at their school - from the womb, to their current ages! Granted, I did not work full-time until Silas began Kindergarten. It did not make much sense to leave the school at 12:00 p.m. only to return at 2:15 p.m. Were I to do that, by the time I got home, I'd only have an hour before I'd have to turn right back around. So, that means the past two years have been a little bit longer of days for all of us.
But who gets to have their infant baby at work? Who gets to have their toddler playing in their office? Who gets to walk outside at any moment in the day to say hello to their preschooler, or walk in their Kindergartner's class to sneak a peek at what they're doing that day? Who can have lunch with their kid on a whim, simply by walking outside to the lunch area? It is the best.
Obviously, working with a baby has it's challenges too, but thankfully I'm in an environment where it's feasible. It's also a blessing because I work with an incredible group of women who have become so near and dear to my heart, who have also seen my children grow up before their eyes. It feels like a second family and such a safe place for my kids. They are known, they are loved, they are shown the love of Christ on a daily basis, and this warms my heart more than I could ever express.
All of that to say, because they have been up there every day of their lives, I'm modifying my schedule a bit this summer. The boys are a bit confused because it's supposed to be "summer vacation", yet they're still at school. Both the school and the preschool put on a fun summer program full of games, activities, water days, field trips, etc. - but still. They need a break. So, I'm definitely working some half days, so we have the afternoons to do something fun - and I'm taking Fridays off. My SIL and another sweet friend are planning "Friday Fun Days" together where we'll do something different each week. Today, we went to a beautiful park where we had a picnic, the kids rode their bikes and scooters, and played in the water poppers.
#seatonsniffsummer day number 1 = Success!
Can't wait for many more Fridays of fun and enjoying a more kicked back summer. Dusty and I have a few things up our sleeves as well, plus there's plenty of new Cub Scout adventures on the horizon. Looks like my little sniffles have lots in store. Oh, and Happy 1st Day of Summer!
But who gets to have their infant baby at work? Who gets to have their toddler playing in their office? Who gets to walk outside at any moment in the day to say hello to their preschooler, or walk in their Kindergartner's class to sneak a peek at what they're doing that day? Who can have lunch with their kid on a whim, simply by walking outside to the lunch area? It is the best.
Obviously, working with a baby has it's challenges too, but thankfully I'm in an environment where it's feasible. It's also a blessing because I work with an incredible group of women who have become so near and dear to my heart, who have also seen my children grow up before their eyes. It feels like a second family and such a safe place for my kids. They are known, they are loved, they are shown the love of Christ on a daily basis, and this warms my heart more than I could ever express.
All of that to say, because they have been up there every day of their lives, I'm modifying my schedule a bit this summer. The boys are a bit confused because it's supposed to be "summer vacation", yet they're still at school. Both the school and the preschool put on a fun summer program full of games, activities, water days, field trips, etc. - but still. They need a break. So, I'm definitely working some half days, so we have the afternoons to do something fun - and I'm taking Fridays off. My SIL and another sweet friend are planning "Friday Fun Days" together where we'll do something different each week. Today, we went to a beautiful park where we had a picnic, the kids rode their bikes and scooters, and played in the water poppers.
#seatonsniffsummer day number 1 = Success!
Can't wait for many more Fridays of fun and enjoying a more kicked back summer. Dusty and I have a few things up our sleeves as well, plus there's plenty of new Cub Scout adventures on the horizon. Looks like my little sniffles have lots in store. Oh, and Happy 1st Day of Summer!
![]() |
| Seaton/Sniff Clan - Are they not THE cutest? |
![]() |
| This boy took a 3 hour nap when we got home. Poor buddy still needs a nap. He's totally going to fall asleep in Kinder! |
![]() |
| And this little babe slept 2 hours. You can't see it so well in black and white, but he was a filthy mess! He had loads of fun playing in the dirt. |




0 Comments