It's a miracle. Or, at least a momentous occasion.

Eating dinner.  Riding in the car.  At the pool.  While the boys are sleeping.  While the boys are awake.  While the boys are playing.  Outside.  Inside.  In the morning.  In the evening.  All hours of the day.  


What do these things have in common?  


They're all the times I'm taking pictures, or thinking about taking pictures.  If the kids are doing something cute - I'm wondering how I can document the moment.  It's madness, people!  Whether it's with my Canon or with my iPhone, a camera is always within reach.


Why am I bringing this up?  Well, Sunday - during lunch - I was taking pictures with my phone.  I think the boys are used to it by now -- either I'm completely ignored or I merely pull my phone out of my bag and Eli automatically flashes a grin and chimes, "Cheeeese!!"   In the car, on the way home from lunch, Dusty looked over and said to me, "What are you doing?  Let me guess.  Pictures.  You do know how many hours of your day consist of taking pictures, editing or blogging, right?"


"Yes.  100% aware.   I document.  That's what I do."
"Okay, just making sure."
In the end, it's something I enjoy.  I love looking back at photos and even going back and reading stories on my blog that I forgot about.  It's mostly for me, because I know no one else cares near as much about every little thing my kids do.  I hope one day my boys somewhat enjoy the documentation of every single second of their lives.  No doubt, they'll know all the stories - embarrassing, funny, memorable - no question, they'll know what they were like as little boys and know that they were loved.


All of this to say, it's 6:12 p.m. and I just realized I haven't taken a single photo all day - not on my phone, not on my camera.  So, to anyone out there that was wondering -- it. can. be. done.


I should probably mark it on my calendar, because it is kind of a momentous occasion.


Now let's just hope the boys don't do anything remotely cute for the next hour.


(I thought about posting a picture of a camera or something, but to stay true to the nature of this blog -- I simply cannot."

0 Comments