the gift of a teacher.
Similar to being a parent, in that I didn't fully appreciate it until I became one -- I'm not sure I fully appreciated teachers until my kids were in school. Now, I see it in a whole new light and know it takes a special person to be a teacher. A good teacher is truly a gift. The love and care that my kid's teachers pour into their lives on a daily basis is invaluable. My boys love their teachers, and their teachers love them. I see it, I know it and my heart is filled with gratitude. There's nothing like seeing another person invest in your child, honestly caring about his best interest.
I have been so blessed in that my boys have the privilege of attending a private, Christian school. Not only do they learn their phonics, math and make friends, but Biblical values, principles and love are poured into them every single day. I cannot say it enough. I love, love, love their teachers. I appreciate how much they love my boys and I love them for it. I could seriously ramble on about it for hours. So, I'll make it brief - they are exceptional.
The school year is nearing it's end and it's a pretty big milestone. My baby is graduating preschool tomorrow night. Seriously -- how the heck?? Granted, maybe that doesn't sound all that crazy to you, but it baffles me. Silas has literally been at that school almost every day of his life, short of the weekends and holidays. Even right after I had him, he came to the office with me. He ate, took his naps, played with all his toys, we'd take playground breaks and walk laps around the campus. He was my little work buddy. Luckily, his Grammy is my boss so she was perfectly understanding and when Silas needed a break, we took a break. He had a blast in that office and recently told me how much he loved being in the office with me. So the fact that it's been five years - from newborn to Preschool grad - blows my mind.
In light of how wonderful and great his teachers are, I made little end of the year gifts. I was thinking of how long Silas has really been there and wanted to convey that. Most of these ladies have literally watched him grow up - from in my womb, to now. First, I came up with the poem - then the photo idea - and went from there. I think they turned out cute. Simple, to the point and conveys our thankfulness.
So without further ado, here's the poem and the gifts.
| the gifts. |
I've been at this school
since I was a baby.
Spent two years in the office -
crawling, eating and playing.
And when I turned two,
no more office for me -
Onto Miss Jennifer,
a baby Bunny I'd be.
After two years in the Bunnies,
it was time to move up.
Learn my blends, read my books,
Rhyme, count, spell and write Silas.
I love Shining Stars,
and the Bus Readers, too.
I have the best teachers ever,
Yes - that's simply true.
Now, it's finally that time -
graduation is here.
Cap, gown and diploma
I'm off to Kinder next year.
To all of my teachers,
I thank you, I love you.
There's no doubt about it,
I wouldn't be here without you.
Thanks for your time, care and love -
and your unending patience.
I will never forget you,
your kind, sweet, smiling face.
With much love, Silas Sniff.
![]() |
| eli's teacher gifts. |
![]() |
| thanks for being so sweet. you're the best. |
![]() |
| thanks for being a light in my life. |
![]() |
| silas' teacher gifts. |





0 Comments