"First" Day of Preschool
Today was the first official day of Preschool. Yay! I've actually been looking forward to this because the boy's have been on the summer schedule, which is much different. They started their curriculum back up today and Silas is in the Shining Star class again and Eli is now officially a Bunny! During the summer all the kids are together, but rotate in groups. During the school year, the Bunnies, which is the 3 year old class, has their own schedule and own little area. It's much smaller and with only two teachers. I've been looking forward to Eli starting back there, because I think it'll be a little less overwhelming for him being away from the 4 and 5 year olds. After all, he is only two!
So this morning I had big plans to get to school early, camera in hand. I thought Silas could come with me to take Eli to his class and we'd get pictures of them together. I'd planned to take my time and then go with Silas to his class. My plan failed. There was a wreck on the way to work and it took me over 20 minutes to go the last 2 miles to school. This meant that rather than getting to school at my usual 7:45 - 8:00 a.m. time frame, I got there around 8:25 a.m.. Circle time begins at 8:30 a.m. Luckily I managed to get a few photos beforehand, but then they rushed to Circle Time with Grammy as I signed them in, put away their lunch boxes and net bags and finally went to join them. Circle time is where they sing songs, pray and say the pledge. It's way too cute and Silas always has a blast. I think Eli is still figuring it out, but following Si's lead. Once Circle Time was over, the teachers had their classes line up and off they went. So really, I didn't take either of them to class - nor did I say goodbye. But, that's how it played out.
I picked Eli up at 12:00 p.m. and the first thing he asked me was, "Where's Silas?" Since he started, he's been used to seeing Silas throughout the day, but in his new class he won't see him at all. I told him he was still in school and we went to my office for a bit until it was time to get Si. They eat at different times, so I don't pick up Si until 12:30 p.m. Eli was all excited when it was time to go get Silas - he loves his big brother to pieces! All in all, they both had a great "first" day and I'm so proud of my baby Bunny and my big Shining Star. Eli will be introduced to so many new things and learn all his letters and sounds this year. There's obviously no rush for him since he'll repeat the Bunnies class next year, just like Silas did. The Shining Stars work off a Kinder Curriculum, so Silas will be reading by the end of the year. It's plain crazy - and exciting to watch. I can't wait to see his progress throughout the year.
I'm still a bit in shock that it's actually September and both my kids are in school. But, we made it through the first day and now the fun begins!











1 Comments
Wow! Eli looks bigger just seeing his name on the desk. I remember Silas name being on his desk just "yesterday". Big boys! I love you both! And you too, mommy.
ReplyDelete