I Can Remember When...
There is absolutely no way to put into words the love a parent has for their child. I could try, but would never be able to describe it with any amount of justice. On that same note, there is also a special place in your heart towards those than invest in your child. Obviously their grandparents think they're the best thing in the world and share in that love, but there are few people in their lives that really care. Not everyone thinks every little thing they do and say is remarkable. To the world, they are just another person. But to you, they are your world - your treasures - the gifts God has blessed you with that make your world a better place. As I shared in my last post, I have been having difficulties lately with Silas and school. He has loved school, but the past couple months something has changed. He gives me every excuse in the book as to why he doesn't have to go to school. His whole attitude towards school is different. He adores his teachers, as do I - and has lots of friends, including his best buddy and cousin, Maddy, in his class. But my baby is growing up. He is constantly telling me how big he is getting. Thanks Silas, I don't need the reminder! He keeps telling me that next year he is going to be a Shining Star, which is the next class he'll be in. After I pick him up from school he wants to go play on the "big" playground, which is where the older preschool class plays.
So, in noticing all these things, the conversation came up today about going ahead and moving him from the Bunnies to the Shining Stars. Granted, I am so attached to his class and teachers that this was not a move I wanted to make just yet - but, deep down I felt it would be best for him. A little background information - this is Silas' second year in the Bunnies class. It is a 3 year old class, but because I work at the school, he went into the class at 2. I definitely had my reservations about doing this, but Miss Jennifer assured me they could handle him. Miss Jennifer and Mrs. Jackie literally took him under their wing. He was the little baby in the class, but they turned him into a big boy. The first few days of dropping him off absolutely broke my heart, as tears streamed down his face. At first, I literally had to tip toe around the school in fear that he'd see me, because if he were to see me, he'd get pretty upset. Deep down I wasn't so sure it was going to work - afterall, this was my sweet boy that had to be within a couple feet of me. His circle of trust included a handful of people. But before I knew it, he had attached himself to his sweet teachers. I couldn't believe my eyes and couldn't be more proud at the growth I saw in him - socially, intellectually, verbally, etc. So after two years of being with Miss Jennifer and Mrs. Jackie, I am so sad to see him leave that class. I could not adequately express how much I appreciate all they've done for him. And he loves them too - and often will randomly tell them, "I love you". The reason I have been so confident having him in school is because I know how much they genuinely love and care for him. And for that, there are no words, except thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your kindness and love towards him has meant so much to me. So thank you! Luckily Eli will be in the class soon, so at least I'll have one baby in the Bunnies.
After some talking with the Preschool Director, we decided to make the switch and Silas will be a Shining Star as of tomorrow. When I picked up Silas today, I sat him down and the conversation went as follows:
Me - "Silas, guess what?"
Silas - "What mommy?"
Me - "Tomorrow, you will not be a bunny anymore."
Silas - "I WON'T??"
Me - "Tomorrow, you will be a Shining Star!"
Silas - (jumping up and down screaming) "I will be a Shining Star?!?! Yay!!! I am so excited to go to school and be a Shining Star! I am soooo big!! Mommy, are you so proud?"
Me - "Yes, Si. I am so proud of you and you are sooo big!"
He is so excited and that makes me happy and assured that I made the right decision. I cried when I told his teachers and will probably cry tomorrow as I'm taking him to the big kid class. As silly as it sounds, watching your kids grow up - even if it's just advancing to the next class, is hard. You love every single stage and it's fun watching them grow, but there's something that tugs at a piece of your heart. I never thought I'd be the sappy mom crying when my kid went to school, and really I didn't when he began in the Bunnies. But this one really hit me. I am so very proud of my sweet, big boy Silas. Wish us both luck tomorrow!

So, in noticing all these things, the conversation came up today about going ahead and moving him from the Bunnies to the Shining Stars. Granted, I am so attached to his class and teachers that this was not a move I wanted to make just yet - but, deep down I felt it would be best for him. A little background information - this is Silas' second year in the Bunnies class. It is a 3 year old class, but because I work at the school, he went into the class at 2. I definitely had my reservations about doing this, but Miss Jennifer assured me they could handle him. Miss Jennifer and Mrs. Jackie literally took him under their wing. He was the little baby in the class, but they turned him into a big boy. The first few days of dropping him off absolutely broke my heart, as tears streamed down his face. At first, I literally had to tip toe around the school in fear that he'd see me, because if he were to see me, he'd get pretty upset. Deep down I wasn't so sure it was going to work - afterall, this was my sweet boy that had to be within a couple feet of me. His circle of trust included a handful of people. But before I knew it, he had attached himself to his sweet teachers. I couldn't believe my eyes and couldn't be more proud at the growth I saw in him - socially, intellectually, verbally, etc. So after two years of being with Miss Jennifer and Mrs. Jackie, I am so sad to see him leave that class. I could not adequately express how much I appreciate all they've done for him. And he loves them too - and often will randomly tell them, "I love you". The reason I have been so confident having him in school is because I know how much they genuinely love and care for him. And for that, there are no words, except thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your kindness and love towards him has meant so much to me. So thank you! Luckily Eli will be in the class soon, so at least I'll have one baby in the Bunnies.
After some talking with the Preschool Director, we decided to make the switch and Silas will be a Shining Star as of tomorrow. When I picked up Silas today, I sat him down and the conversation went as follows:
Me - "Silas, guess what?"
Silas - "What mommy?"
Me - "Tomorrow, you will not be a bunny anymore."
Silas - "I WON'T??"
Me - "Tomorrow, you will be a Shining Star!"
Silas - (jumping up and down screaming) "I will be a Shining Star?!?! Yay!!! I am so excited to go to school and be a Shining Star! I am soooo big!! Mommy, are you so proud?"
Me - "Yes, Si. I am so proud of you and you are sooo big!"
He is so excited and that makes me happy and assured that I made the right decision. I cried when I told his teachers and will probably cry tomorrow as I'm taking him to the big kid class. As silly as it sounds, watching your kids grow up - even if it's just advancing to the next class, is hard. You love every single stage and it's fun watching them grow, but there's something that tugs at a piece of your heart. I never thought I'd be the sappy mom crying when my kid went to school, and really I didn't when he began in the Bunnies. But this one really hit me. I am so very proud of my sweet, big boy Silas. Wish us both luck tomorrow!
My two year old Bunny
His first "girlfriend" Kennedy
They start young!!

My three year old Bunny (first day of school his second year)
This was Easter - my four year old Bunny.
To be continued as a Shining Star...




1 Comments
I am crying reading this because my "bunny" will be a senior in high school next year. I remember the days of her clinging to me as I dropped her off at Pre-School. She reminds me daily that "Mom, I am growing up now and you have to let go" Silas will do great as a shining star! It sounds like he is ready for the move. Good Luck tomorrow at drop-off. I cried every time my babies changed diaper sizes so I understand completely what promoting to another class can do to a Mommy!
ReplyDelete