Eli's Birthday Party

Meeska Mooska, Mickey Mouse! If you have young children, you now have that stuck in your head! You're welcome.

Since Maddy and Eli's birthday are only a week apart, Mel and I had decided awhile back to do a joint birthday party. We had even discussed the option last year, but I couldn't bring myself to do it since it was Eli's first. But this year, I was all about it. We decided on a theme of Mickey and Minnie, since it's a boy/girl party and they both love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Disneyland, and all things Mickey. Turns out we ended up having a triple birthday party, since Callie's birthday is about a week before Maddy's. Callie had a Dora themed party and I thought everything turned out super cute. We decided to have it at Peter Piper Pizza, because what kid doesn't like pizza and games? Plus, there's minimal set-up and no clean up! Can't get much better than that - and I am totally on board with not having to deal with the stress of planning a party. We had three rows of tables lined up next to one another, with each kid having their own themed table. I thought it was fun and convenient for everyone in the family since we have so many birthday parties.

Silas was thrilled about going and kept telling me, "Mommy, Eli is having a Mickey Mouse party and my cousin Maddy is having a Minnie Party." He told me when we pulled in the parking lot, "Yay! We are at the pizza place. Mommy, I am so excited to be here. Can I go play?" And that's just what he did. I didn't see him the whole time! He pretty much stayed with Pappy playing games, missing the birthday presents and cake - and didn't even eat one bite of pizza. He was having too much fun to stop, and really I'm just glad he had a good time. Eli kind of ran around like crazy, enjoying the chaos that is Peter Piper. I can't imagine what it's like for a 3 foot person to be running around a place like that full of games, noise, lights, kids, etc. - It has to be bigger than life. He really didn't sit down and eat much either. I tried, but he was too overwhelmed and amazed at everything going on around him. When it came time to sing Happy Birthday, we lined all three kids up with their own individual cakes. Eli tried his best to blow out his candles but his tiny little blows weren't quite doing the trick. At least he tried! But he thoroughly enjoyed poking his cake with his fingers and tasting it. Good thing these cakes were just for show, and there were two big cakes for eating. Before I knew it his mouth and teeth were black from the black fondant icing, and had cake crumbs covering his hands and clothes. He was a sight, but what's new - Eli knows how to make a mess! He's far from the little perfectionist/clean freak that Silas is.

Of course he still wasn't super into opening presents, but did love his cool iron man toys, sword, and truck once I pulled them out. Every time I showed him something new, he held it out saying, "Open dis, open dis." I love my sweet boy. His happiness and oblivious smile light up my life every day - it's impossible to imagine a world without him in it. It's beyond crazy that he is TWO, but it has been two of the best years of my life with him being a part of it. I love you, Eli Jackson. You were my smily and happy boy from the beginning and your happiness is contagious. I pray you always keep your joy and excitement for life - it's such an amazing gift. I am honored to watch you learn and grow, and most of all to be your mommy. Thanks for making my world a better place. I could never describe in words how much I love you. You're simply the best, sweet Eli. Happy almost Birthday. And Happy Birthday to my two sweet and beautiful nieces, Callie Claire and Madison Ray! I love you.

Eli's Mickey Cake

Maddy's Minnie Cake

Callie's Dora Cake



My happy, birthday boy!

Daddy and E

Sweet Maddy-cakes

Beautiful Maddy and mommy

When the poking of the cake began. Mimi makes amazing, beautiful cakes! Thanks for my cake, Mimi. You're the best!

Taking a bite out of Mickey's ear.

The result

Love my Maddy! How are you three?!

0 Comments