Eli's Birthday

Eli woke up this morning crying, and continued crying even after I picked him up. If you read my posts, you know this is unusual behavior for my happy little boy. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I was determined to get him in a good mood. I told him, "Happy Birthday" and enthusiastically told him he was not a baby anymore, but a BIG BOY! Of course, inside I was a bit sad to say this, much less accept it, but it seems I have no choice - I can't keep my boys from growing up soo fast! To this, he grinned. Then I began singing "Happy Birthday", to which he sang along -


"Birthdaaaay. Yoooou.
Birthdaaaay. Yoooou.
Birthdaaaay. Eliiiii.
Birthdaaaay. Yoooou."


I asked him how old he is and he said, "Two!" while holding up one finger. We will work on that. All morning I randomly asked, "Who's birthday is today?!!" He would shout, "Eliiiii!" Needless to say, I was successful in my attempts to get him amped up about his birthday, even though he's still too young to know what it's really all about anyway. But he loved all the attention.


There were no big plans for the day because we already had his birthday party. Plus, Dusty was arriving back from New York this afternoon and had to be at his school's graduation ceremony tonight. We did go pick up some cupcakes and sing to him so he could blow out his two candles. Other than going to the airport, it's been a pretty uneventful, but happy day. We are so blessed and thankful to have Eli as part of our family. Silas wanted to sing to Eli again, so I set up the laptop to document it. Below is the clip of Si singing and Eli blowing out his candle.




This is yet another example of my two polar opposites. Eli licked all the icing off his cupcake. Silas peeled the paper, ate the bottom, and left the icing. Seriously, kids?


0 Comments