to silas on your eleventh birthday...

Silas,

E-l-e-v-e-n.  Oh, how did we get here so fast?  I know I say this every year, but I swear I blink and another year has come and gone.  It. is. mind-blowing.

I love that I get to be your mom.   I have loved every stage with you... from those precious moments of meeting you, through the baby stage, toddler stage, little kid, and now big kid stage {or I guess, preteen}.  You are just fun to be around.  You have the greatest sense of humor and I love to pal around with you.  As much as I sometimes like to go down memory lane and cry that the time has passed all too quickly, I also know that I love more and more the person that you're becoming.  And I cannot wait to see the ways in which God uses you and the incredible ways in which He has gifted you.  I believe He has big plans for your life.

So, some fun things about you at this age.  This year you and Eli were baptized together and it was the sweetest memory and mile marker in your life.  I pray you never forget the significance.  You are incredibly smart and love anything having to do with science, history, and technology.  You love to learn and soak up new information.  You want to travel to space one day.  Your favorite show is Dr. Who and even though you've tried to explain it.. it's just over my head.  If you could pick any restaurant to eat at it would be Chipotle and I often stop by to let you run in just to get rice and chips.  There's something about that rice!  You really don't eat sweets at all, except for swedish fish... and red vines on occasion.  Diet a&w is your beverage of choice.  You love the Dallas Stars and finally got to go to your first game this year.  {I find this to be a huge success on my end that I converted my non sports loving child to LOVE a sport!}  You love to be sarcastic and your humor and wit is so great.  You and dad are two peas in a pod and love being sarcastic together.  You and your xbox are one.  Seriously, it's one of your favorite things and you have so many games, I don't think you could list a favorite.   You are practically an expert at speaking Pig Latin.  I'm not sure how you are so good at it but seemingly learned how to do it in about two seconds and had it mastered.  You a-d-o-r-e your baby sister and are the best helper a mom could ask for.  Seriously, there's many mornings I couldn't get out the door without you.  You are a rock star and are going to make the best daddy one day.  Though you are the oldest and therefore end up with more responsibilities, you do so without complaint and truly are so helpful to me.  You are kind and sensitive and always know when any of us need a hug or a laugh.  You tell me you love me everyday.  You are special!

If there's one specific thing I would pray for you in this next year, it would be that you would see your potential.  God has truly gifted you, Silas.  You are so intelligent, witty, sensitive, loving, and genuinely care for people.  Above anything else, we desire you to love God and love others.  You are so uniquely you and exactly who God designed you to be.  There is only one Silas Daniel and YOU are the only one that can accomplish that purpose.  I pray that you can see your gifts and use them for His glory.  I know life isn't always easy and things don't always make sense... but if you fix your eyes on Him, He will guide you.  Follow.

I just love you, bud.  I fell in love with you the instant I met you, I fall more in love with your person each day, and I will love you forever and ever no matter what.  It is a true joy being your mom.  I wish you the happiest eleventh birthday.  Dream big.  Love deep.  Pursue God.  Never give up.

All my love, 
Mom


0 Comments