photo a day, six. {love}
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."
1 Corinthians 13:4-5
I love that this is the verse of the day today. Love is a word that we flippantly throw around. I love pizza. I love this movie. I love fill in the blank. The type of love described in this passage is agape love. It is not just a feeling, but an action.
1 Corinthians 13:4-5
I love that this is the verse of the day today. Love is a word that we flippantly throw around. I love pizza. I love this movie. I love fill in the blank. The type of love described in this passage is agape love. It is not just a feeling, but an action.
"Agape is used to describe the love that is of and from God, whose very nature is love itself: “God is love” (1 John 4:8). God does not merely love; He is love itself. God loves because that is His nature and the expression of His being. He loves the unlovable and the unlovely, not because we deserve to be loved or because of any excellence we possess, but because it is His nature to love and He must be true to His nature. Agape love is always shown by what it does."
I think it can be so hard to grasp this - how can God love me, when I feel so unloveable? So undeserving. This made a whole lot more sense to me once I had kids, having more an understanding of God as Father and being know as His child. It's an indescribable love. Selfless. Pure. Beautiful. And it's the most natural thing. I think having a newborn helps me identify with this even more. Here is this tiny little being that relies on me for everything. When she cries, it is instinctual to run to her and meet her needs. I don't even have to think about it. When I know she is in pain, it pains me. I hurt for her. I am her source for food, for comfort, for all of her basic needs. And I love caring for her. I love her with all of me.
I love all of my kids this way. So to think that God's love for me is that, multiplied infinitely ... just, wow.
I am not always patient, or kind, or selfless. "Not always" doesn't even come close. I pray that as I come to more of an understanding of God's love, that His love will overflow in my heart and pour outward to others.
![]() |
| And, this. It absolutely melts me. Let's just say she has all five of us completely wrapped. We love her. |

0 Comments