photo a day, five. {a quiet, rainy monday}
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13
The house is completely quiet. The big boys are off to school - reluctantly on this rainy Monday - and the two littles are sound asleep. The only sounds are the swoosh, swoosh, swoosh of the baby swing, gently swinging back and forth. I have never particularly liked the quiet. It seems almost eerie to me. Maybe even more so that I do not like the feeling of being all alone. As a child, I hated sleeping in my room by myself. As I got older I didn't like to run errands and do things solo, but always wanted someone with me. Now don't get me wrong, I am an introvert - but I also need to be around people. I can easily do without talking, but I like the presence of other people... I don't particularly enjoy an empty car or an empty house.
But the truth is, I am never alone. He is always present. At this time in my life, I have been taken completely out of my comfort zone, but I know that in my weakness, He is strong. He walks with me hand in hand. He is with me. He is my help.
God, thank you for always being with me. Open my heart to what You want to teach me in this day.
The house is completely quiet. The big boys are off to school - reluctantly on this rainy Monday - and the two littles are sound asleep. The only sounds are the swoosh, swoosh, swoosh of the baby swing, gently swinging back and forth. I have never particularly liked the quiet. It seems almost eerie to me. Maybe even more so that I do not like the feeling of being all alone. As a child, I hated sleeping in my room by myself. As I got older I didn't like to run errands and do things solo, but always wanted someone with me. Now don't get me wrong, I am an introvert - but I also need to be around people. I can easily do without talking, but I like the presence of other people... I don't particularly enjoy an empty car or an empty house.
But the truth is, I am never alone. He is always present. At this time in my life, I have been taken completely out of my comfort zone, but I know that in my weakness, He is strong. He walks with me hand in hand. He is with me. He is my help.
God, thank you for always being with me. Open my heart to what You want to teach me in this day.


0 Comments