things i love monday.
1. Slurpee's: {or icee's} Let me explain something. To me, a slurpee, a frostee, or whatever else you want to call it is an icee. I don't know why, it just is. Dusty and I had quite the debate about this the other day. This week, all I have really wanted are icee's because I have been so incredibly thirsty. I really haven't had an appetite to speak of and you figure I need some calories, right? Anyway, I'd compare it to this -- you know how there are different terms for soft drinks? There's soda, pop, soda pop, coke, etc. Well, it took me a long time to adjust to calling softs drinks "soda", which is the proper thing to do here in California. In the south, all soda is "coke" - pepsi, dr. pepper, sprite, you name it - it's coke. If someone says "what would you like to drink?" and the response is, "coke", then the proper response would be, "what kind of coke?"
While we're at it, let me totally go off topic from the whole point of this post because I think this is interesting. Here's some other terms I have had to adjust to {I mean, gosh - I just sounded so crazy, I had to change my vocab a bit.}
there versus here
coke = soda
buggy = shopping cart {Dusty about flipped the first time I called a shopping cart a buggy}
grilling = barbecuing {At first, I was very disappointed, always wondering where the barbecue sauce was...}
y'all = you guys {in Texas, y'all can even refer to one person. For reference, don't do this in CA or people think you're loony}
howdy = hey {I guess} {I wouldn't be caught dead saying howdy}
fixin' to = I'm about to {Yeah, I definitely stopped saying that...}
supper = dinner
Okay, that was fun. Now back to topic. Basically, nothing has been tastier than an ice cold, frozen beverage this week. In fact, guess what, y'all? I'm fixin' to go pick me up an icee on my way home :)
2. Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken: Okay, now you're judging me. You think I'm lazy. I'm telling you, these things are awesome in a pinch. When you need to save time and want to throw together a quick and easy dinner, this is your go to guy. Granted, I typically buy the Target brand because they're cheaper, but ya know what I mean. I use them for stir fry, salads, sandwiches, anything really. And they taste amazing. Sometimes, you just need convenience people.
3. Hulu: Okay, well actually Hulu and Netflix. You guys, we haven't had cable in like 4 years. We have a mac mini set up to our tv and save $180 per month. Everything is on there. And this past week, Hulu was my best friend. That, and Dayquil.
4. Thumb suckers: Ha! So, he's only been able to do it once, but I think it's THE cutest thing ever. Neither Silas, nor Eli ever sucked their thumbs. I guess maybe it's not the greatest habit, but it's dang cute. You can't deny this.

0 Comments