overwhelmed.

It has been quite the week so far.  

Monday: Woke up at 3:00 a.m. to work out, get ready, pack lunches & snacks, get the boys up and ready and head to Disneyland to be there before the park opened.  Spent the day at Disney and headed home.

Monday night: Silas was sick {see previous post}

Tuesday:  Slept in a bit due to being woken by Silas several times.  I planned to stay home, but Silas had no temp and said he felt better - sooo, we got to school late.  It was the longest. day. ever.  Not sure why, just was.

Tuesday night: Sent the boys to bed and within an hour and a half, Silas was awake not feeling well.  I took his temperature, looked at the thermometer and read 105.3 {here is where I internally freaked out}.  I made a pallet on the floor and Dusty slept next to him, keeping him cool with a cold washcloth.  Eli wanted to join in on the "party" so we all ended up in our room.

Wednesday:  Stayed home {obviously} due to Silas being sick.  {Note: he is feeling much better today, only running a low grade temp}.  I am taking advantage of the day at home - I got a long workout in and thoroughly cleaned the house.  Oh, and I hated to get out with Si, but needed to pick up a few things at the store.  So, now we're all back home and I'm feeding the baby and blogging {I've become quite the multi-tasker}.

I guess I'm very introspective today.  When things don't go the way I think they ought {for instance, my unplanned week}, I tend to get stressed out.  This is not something I love about myself because I'd much rather be a "go with the flow" type person.  In the end, this kind of week is good for me.  It makes me realize {even more so} how inadequate I am when I am relying on my own strength.  Plus, when I start to whine, I quickly begin to remind myself how much I have to be thankful for.

It's overwhelming.

Truly.

And humbling.  Especially, in thinking about my kids.  I have been entrusted with these three beautiful gifts.  I pray God gives me the grace to train them up "in the way {they} should go".  What a job!

I am overwhelmed... with thankfulness.  

Dusty says to Jeremiah often, "Mom thinks you're a miracle", because one day I was going on about how miraculous it truly is - how this tiny being started so minuscule and was beautifully formed into just the person God created him to be.  I often stare at him and wonder who he will be.  I already know my other two boys, but am just getting to know him.  His personality is just starting to appear as he's learning about the world around him and understanding how to express himself.  I love it.  I'm treasuring it.  I am overwhelmed.  My heart explodes.

So really, even though I am tired today and kind of starting to wonder if I'm catching Silas' bug, I am thankful.  

With that, here's a short video of Jeremiah and me talking {with Eli in the background} {always}.









0 Comments