first day of school, take 2
Today was the “first” day of school for Eli. Sounds kind of funny, I know, since he goes everyday. However, it was a promotion for him! He has been in the ”Bunnies” class the past two years. Last week was the last of the summer program and today he is officially a “Shining Star”. I tried to make a big deal of it, especially since the kid really just wants to be in Kinder {I hate that they grow up so fast and already have that “discontent” and longing to be something other than what they are. Seems like we are always anticipating the “next thing” in life}.
That being said, today definitely did not go as planned. I get up every morning at 4:30 a.m. {since I workout in the mornings} and am out the door no later than 7:00 a.m. Last night, Silas was sick. He came into my room about two hours after he went to bed, crying. We let him climb in bed, but he kept waking up crying/moaning and acting as though he were going to throw up {yet he never did.} We were stumped. He kept saying he didn't know how to explain what was wrong. Needless to say, we slept in a bit. I thought we’d end up staying home but he woke up saying he felt better and had no fever. Sooo, we left the house around 9:15 a.m. rather than our usual time. We did make it though {better late than never, right?} and Eli got to be Mr. Big Stuff and feel like the special boy he is.
Okay, and what is up with this child? He no longer looks like a little boy - he is getting that grown up “kid” look. So, so sad. I honestly do not know where the time goes. My little love bug has transformed into a handsome {and tall} little man. I adore this kid.



0 Comments