thank goodness

it's Friday.


It has been one ca-razy week.


Monday:  I worked.  Let's just say, I had getting myself and 2 kids ready and out the door down to a finely tuned system.  Once I figure out how something works, I stick to it.  I get up at the same time and do everything in the same order.  It's just easier that way and keeps me sane.  If ever something comes up and I get side tracked, most often I'll forget to do something or forget something I needed and walk our the door.  I'm getting there with 3 kids.  The kicker is the feedings.  Little man isn't on any sort of a schedule yet, so if he needs to eat -- he needs to eat.  This throws me off.  


3 kid in a row.
Anyway, I've been managing to get us all out the door at a decent time, and haven't forgotten anything {or any kids}... yet!  The boys went to school while Jeremiah and I went to work.  Well, or went to work/feed/work/feed - you get the idea!  He's eating about every two hours, start to start.  So by the time I'm done, it seems like I blink and it's that time again.  Luckily it's the summer and the school is not a hip happening place right now!  


I have to feed little man in the curriculum room at work.
he's full!
After work, I took Eli for a consultation at the dermatologist.  He has a very unusual birthmark that my pediatrician wanted someone to take a look at.  She referred me last week while at the boy's annual check-ups.  Taking 3 boys to the doctor is not for the faint of heart, I tell ya.  Target or the grocery store isn't so bad because I can pile them in a cart.  Not so much at the doctor!  


Tuesday: Around 4:00 a.m. Dusty woke me up with a pain in his chest.  He had been having it for probably 20 minutes already when he woke me.  We weren't sure what was going on -- all we knew was it was a struggle to move and the pain wrapped around from the upper right part of his chest to his right shoulder/arm.  After calling the advise hotline, we scheduled an appointment for early that morning.  My in-laws came to get the kids and Dusty, the baby and I went to the doctor.  After an EKG, a chest x-ray and some evaluating to rule out his heart, the doctor was convinced it was muscular pain.  Somehow {even thought he wasn't sure when} he must have tweaked it and this was the cause of his pain.  It was pretty intense and definitely had us pretty concerned initially.  Now, it's just a nuisance because it's still hurting!  Hopefully he'll be 100% soon.


Wednesday:  Jeremiah had his 2 week check up.  This was scheduled mid morning, so there was no point in going to work.  I was so pleased with his weight gain.  He initially lost a pound in 3 days.  We went in for a weight check a week later and he had only gained 3 ounces.  The doctor was not thrilled with this, but since I had an appointment scheduled for the following week she said I could wait until then to come back.  He gained 11 ounces in that time!!  He was almost back to his birth weight, weighing in at 7 pounds 7 ounces.  


2 week check-up.  Showing off his muscles and his abs! 





That evening we had a birthday party at Peter Piper Pizza.  When we came home, we put the boys to bed.  Within an hour, Eli woke up with a fever.  Since I had the baby, Dusty had to sleep in his room and be with him.  Poor guy was miserable.


poor, sick little guy.
Thursday:  Eli was still sick, so Dusty stayed home with him while I went to work.  I got home around 3:30, made dinner and cleaned up a bit.  We started to notice that Eli was fading... fast.  He had been whiny during the day, but not too bad of a fever.  I laid with him for a couple of hours to try to get him to go to sleep.  No such luck.


Thursday night:  This was probably the most miserable I have ever seen one of my kids.  We've had our share of ear infections, stomach bugs and such - but there was one point where I was seriously scared and wondered if we should take Eli in to the doctor.  He was burning hot {I've never felt anything so hot!}.  He was running 103+ with ibeuprofen.  He was moaning, shaking, crying, having bad dreams, etc. while Dusty stayed by his side all night wiping him down with a cool wash cloth and putting a fan on him.  I have never felt so torn in my life.  I obviously didn't want the baby in the same room with him, but I wanted to be with him too.  Talk about not being able to be in two places at once.  Needless to say, I felt so guilty but I was already up feeding the baby every couple of hours and we cannot risk him getting sick.  I did check on Eli several times when I heard him cry and may have teared up myself when I left the room -- it was just pathetic.


Friday:  None of us got great sleep so we slept in a bit.  I did not go to work all day, but had to run up there to drop something off and run a couple errands afterwards.  Eli's fever is down, but now he has diarrhea.  Here's hoping tonight is not as bad as last night!  The worst thing in the world is seeing your child in pain.


And, here's a few more photos from the week...


so much of what I spend my time doing!  :) 



playing around.  Silas loves pictures all the sudden - especially silly ones :) 
me and my little stud. 
the bug.  That's our name for him -- "bug". 
who doesn't love baby toes?! 
Silas wanted to freeze Woody.

0 Comments