last week of school.


It’s the last week of school.  It’s my last few days being pregnant.  It’s almost SUMMER!

Yesterday morning we stopped for a treat at Starbucks.  I've been insanely thirsty lately!
As crazy as it may sound, it’s kind of bittersweet.  I think we all know I’m over being pregnant by this point and it seems like I have been pregnant for-ever.  Yet, it all went by soo fast.  The reason I say that is because I was basically pregnant the entire school year - and how is my baby finished with his first year of school?  Is it pathetic that I teared up yesterday in my car while looking at his report card?  Yep, I totally did.  Pregnancy hormones?  Typical mom watching her kid grow up?  Probably a little bit of both.


I do have to brag a little bit.  I had my parent/teacher conference yesterday with Silas’ teacher where I got his report card and his SAT scores.  {For all my Texas friends - do not be confused.  I know I was when we first moved here, wondering why our elementary kids were taking the SAT’s!  This is basically the same things as the TAKS test!}  Anyway, for every category in reading, he scored PERFECT.  I was talking to the Principal {My MIL} and she said this was amazing - and not just because it is her grandkid.  Okay, okay - there’s my mommy bragging moment.  I couldn’t not share!  The test put him at a 5th grade reading level, which was the highest he could have gotten.  Way to go, Silas!


This week is kind of fun because although it is the last week of school, there are only 4 days this week and they are all half days!!  Yesterday the kids got to have a “Beach Party” and had a fun picnic lunch on their beach towels out on the school lawn.  They also got their yearbooks -- Silas got THE biggest kick out of “autographing” everyone’s yearbooks and then seeing what what written in his book.  He was simply elated and beaming!


Apparently I have popped.  A parent walked in the office the other day and informed me that I am "HUGE".  She couldn't get over how HUGE I am.  She went on and on and on.  I better pop this kid out before I get mistaken for a beached whale ;)

ha.  all my shirts are getting short.  I've managed to buy maybe 3 maternity shirts {which were all long sleeved for the winter}  Somehow I have survived with my wardrobe and haven't worn maternity pants or anything!  Yay!
Here's what happens when your kid gets ahold of your phone.  Actually, Eli walked out of the office and started climbing the tree right outside the door.  As I left to grab my monkey out of the tree, Silas thought he needed to document his brother getting in trouble.  Here's the photos.  


This is Dusty and the boys at the Father's Day Picnic last Friday.  Gotta love E's face.  Ha!  But, it's a great picture of D and Si :)


0 Comments