life this week: the zoo, final doctors appointment and my baby shower!
I'm going to be lazy and combine the past week into one post. Sorry, it's the best I can do right now!
Last week, Silas had his end of the year field trip. He has been talking about this since they handed out the flyer months ago. The Kinder class was going to the zoo -- and boy, oh boy, was he ever excited! Although walking around the San Diego Zoo all day wore me out, it was THE BEST sharing such a fun day with him. Silas is fascinated by animals and it was hilarious looking at all the animals with him. He got the biggest kick out of every single thing that he had me smiling all day.
At the end of the day, we went to the gift shop and he got to pick out a special prize. He also chose something for Eli {we kept the field trip a secret until afterwards because no siblings were allowed to go} and something for baby Jeremiah. Of course he picked out two huge stuffed snakes, but what do you do? He was so in love with the thing that neither Grammy, nor I, could say no!
This week I also had my final doctors appointment, got the cradle all set up in my room {this is not his crib, just in lieu of a bassinet} and had my baby shower. Hurray! You gotta know I'm excited to have everything done and waiting. I'm too much of a planner to have any detail left out.
So... doctors appointment: The plan all along was to do an amnio sometime during the 36th week to check on baby Jay's lungs and then schedule an induction. Slight problem. Amnios are only done on Tuesdays and Thursdays and they're booked through mid-June. My doctor spent all day Friday trying to figure something out and hasn't... yet. Because my medicine has kept my bile acid and liver function levels in a reasonable place, my doctor was very content to deliver at exactly 37 weeks, rather than risk the lungs not being fully developed. So, we set the date for Sunday, June 10. We did all my final blood work and got everything set. Saturday morning, my blood results began showing up online. Keep in mind, the end of pregnancy is typically when cholestasis levels can skyrocket and where it gets really dangerous for the baby {for those of you that don't know and I've had many, many questions lately - the risk to the baby is stillbirth. That's why I've been induced with all three of my pregnancies by 37 weeks}. I've read these levels can double or triple in a matter of days. My bile acids have been elevated since my second trimester, but my liver function tests have stayed within range due to my medication. At this point, now my liver function tests came back elevated, now high and out of the normal range. My doctor e-mailed me at 10:30 last night letting me know he was on top of everything and we'd be in touch early this week. We're also waiting on my final test to come in {the bile acid test} because that is the most concerning it seems. All I know is I will have a baby sometime in the next 6 days - it's just a matter of when.
Baby shower: My mother-in-law and sister-in-law threw my baby shower today. Of course, as with everything they do, it was beautiful. You can see from the few photos below that it was lovely. Thankfully, I got plenty of clothes and diapers - which is mostly what I needed! Thanks so much to everyone that came and to my MIL and SIL for all their hard work to create such a special afternoon. I am blessed and truly thankful for everyone that came to share in the joy of our new little addition.
Last week, Silas had his end of the year field trip. He has been talking about this since they handed out the flyer months ago. The Kinder class was going to the zoo -- and boy, oh boy, was he ever excited! Although walking around the San Diego Zoo all day wore me out, it was THE BEST sharing such a fun day with him. Silas is fascinated by animals and it was hilarious looking at all the animals with him. He got the biggest kick out of every single thing that he had me smiling all day.
At the end of the day, we went to the gift shop and he got to pick out a special prize. He also chose something for Eli {we kept the field trip a secret until afterwards because no siblings were allowed to go} and something for baby Jeremiah. Of course he picked out two huge stuffed snakes, but what do you do? He was so in love with the thing that neither Grammy, nor I, could say no!
![]() |
| Si got the biggest kick out of the monkeys! We sat and watched two wrestle for probably about 10 minutes and he was laughing hysterically saying, "that looks like me and Eli!!" |
| probably my favorite part of the day. He was so tired, he fell asleep on the way back to school with his and Eli's snakes wrapped around his neck. |
This week I also had my final doctors appointment, got the cradle all set up in my room {this is not his crib, just in lieu of a bassinet} and had my baby shower. Hurray! You gotta know I'm excited to have everything done and waiting. I'm too much of a planner to have any detail left out.
So... doctors appointment: The plan all along was to do an amnio sometime during the 36th week to check on baby Jay's lungs and then schedule an induction. Slight problem. Amnios are only done on Tuesdays and Thursdays and they're booked through mid-June. My doctor spent all day Friday trying to figure something out and hasn't... yet. Because my medicine has kept my bile acid and liver function levels in a reasonable place, my doctor was very content to deliver at exactly 37 weeks, rather than risk the lungs not being fully developed. So, we set the date for Sunday, June 10. We did all my final blood work and got everything set. Saturday morning, my blood results began showing up online. Keep in mind, the end of pregnancy is typically when cholestasis levels can skyrocket and where it gets really dangerous for the baby {for those of you that don't know and I've had many, many questions lately - the risk to the baby is stillbirth. That's why I've been induced with all three of my pregnancies by 37 weeks}. I've read these levels can double or triple in a matter of days. My bile acids have been elevated since my second trimester, but my liver function tests have stayed within range due to my medication. At this point, now my liver function tests came back elevated, now high and out of the normal range. My doctor e-mailed me at 10:30 last night letting me know he was on top of everything and we'd be in touch early this week. We're also waiting on my final test to come in {the bile acid test} because that is the most concerning it seems. All I know is I will have a baby sometime in the next 6 days - it's just a matter of when.
| As I mentioned, I got the cradle set up in my room. The cute monkey is what Silas picked out for Jeremiah at the zoo :) |
| 36 weeks. 6 days to go... well, or something like that! |
![]() |
| tell me you don't want one of those! there's chocolate, vanilla and pineapple cupcakes! |
![]() |
| lemonade and owl party favors. |
![]() |
| the flowers |
| and not to leave out E, here's a sweet picture of my baby :) |





0 Comments