happy v day.

Valentine's.  How excited were the boys for their Valentine's parties?  And, how excited were they to pass out Valentine's to their friends and teachers?  


Their enthusiasm was adorably cute.


It was actually nice this year because their parties were at separate times.  Last year I was having to run back and forth between both.  But this year, Eli had his in the morning and Silas in the afternoon.  That way I got to enjoy both of them, without having to rush around.  


I really planned on getting a lot more photos, but yesterday was simply a crazy day.  Luckily, I still managed to snap a few of my two little Valentine's.  It's crazy looking back just at photos from last year.  {sob. tear.}  My boys are getting *so* big.


They were even cuter as they got home from school yesterday, sat down on the floor with their boxes of goodies and went through their Valentine's from all their friends.  Eli didn't quite understand any of the princess Valentine's and offered all of those to me.  I mean, come on - in his eyes, why would someone give him a girl one?  Then again, it's not like he picked Transformers or Spiderman for all his friends this year.  He went pretty neutral - Panda bears.  So I know it really didn't make much sense to him.  Of course, Silas chose sharks.  He tends to do things in themes -- so no surprise he's having a shark birthday party on Sunday!  Below are the Valentine's I made for them, as per their requests.





Last night Dusty and I dropped the boys off at his parents house and went out to dinner and a movie.  We went to my absolute favorite sushi place {don't worry, no raw fish for me!} and then to see Safe House.  We had a great time, but as always we miss the boys and love picking them up.  On the way home Dusty was telling them, 


"Boys, you know what?   When mommy and daddy go out we really miss you guys."  


Without a beat, Eli responded, 


"Then why did you leave us?"  {We about died laughing}.  

Dusty said, "Because we know you love spending time with Grammy and Pappy."  


"Well, then why did you leave from Grammy and Pappy's?  Grammy said you and Mommy went on a hunt."  {again, we died laughing}.


I asked, "Do you mean a date?"

Eli responded, "Yes.  A date.  A hunt.  Same thing."


I don't know how we'd survive without that kid!  


Eli's Valentine festivities


Silas actually posing for me.


my two little Valentine's


Silas and his friends from class that got to go eat lunch with the Principal.  They were the Top Sellers in their class for each week.





0 Comments