birthday celebrations.
So, I made it through the first day of my thirties. Good news is, I don't feel any different. Bad new is, I'm stuck with that horrible number :) I'm quickly getting past it, don't you worry!
The day started out as usual - work out, shower and get ready. Then, Silas woke up. His eyes were crusted shut and he was crying that he didn't feel well and his ear hurt. Hmm. I found some antibiotic ear drops, gave him some motrin and he seemed to feel better after waking up and moving around a little bit. He had no temperature and perked up, so off to work/school we went.
Last night we went over to Dusty's parents for my birthday dinner. It. was. delish. I have to say - I couldn't have gone out and gotten a better meal. We always get to choose where we want to go or what we want cooked for our birthday. Brenda had told me about some chicken dish she had recently made that sounded good. I went with it. I mean - chicken, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, asparagus - that sounds right up my alley. For dessert I asked her to try a new cupcake recipe I found on Pinterest - Key Lime! Excellent choice, if I do say so myself.
The boys were absolutely thrilled it was my birthday. Silas wrote in my card, "Dear Mom. I can't believe it's your birthday. I love you so much. Love, Silas." and they were ecstatic to give me my gift. Apparently Silas had been asking daddy for a couple of weeks to get me a "diamond" necklace for my birthday. Dusty took the boys to Target to let them pick out gifts for me and created this video along the way. WATCH HERE! I love them :) Of course, Eli picked me out some cookies and after I opened them he asked, "Can I have one of your birthday cookies?" Ha - not sure if they were really for him or me ;) Apparently they must think I eat a lot!
Dusty surprised me with a new purse/camera bag. I love it. Looks like a purse, fit for a camera. It's smaller than the other bag I have and nice to have a different option {I always have my camera with me, so have to have a bag that works with it.}
| birthday bump. 20 weeks. |
| my birthday flowers All in all, it was a nice day. This morning, Silas woke up with the same issues as yesterday. I immediately knew I needed to make a doctor's appointment. I called as soon as the appointment center opened, at 7:00 a.m., to get him in. I knew if I waited even an hour, I most likely wouldn't get in until really late in the day or be sent to Urgent Care tonight. I figured if he seemed better before the appointment, I could always cancel, if need be. I was definitely concerned and suspicious about pink eye. We went to the doctor at 10:00 a.m. and sure enough he has a double ear infection + pink eye. Yikes! So, we're home for the afternoon. Here's hoping we can get rid of all the germs that have been going around our house and that no one else gets pink eye {especially Eli}. |
| his eyes actually don't look that bad here. but you get the idea. the morning is the WORST! |


0 Comments