scott family photos
I had the amazing privilege of photographing the Scott family a few days ago. I met Annie years ago when we first moved to San Diego. She was a teacher at Bonita Road Christian School, where I work. Annie is one of those people that you immediately fall in love with. Seriously, once of the nicest persons I have ever met. You know the type of person that is always smiling and happy, and makes you feel like you're the most important person in the world? Yep, that's Annie.
I have not seen her in years as she has gone on to work at a different school, but she contacted me a few weeks ago inquiring about a shoot. She was wondering if I would be available to photograph her family on the 22nd, a few days before Christmas {when her whole family would be in town}. I was so thankful I was able to work this around my schedule, as we were not leaving town until the 23rd.
I asked Annie if I could share their story on my blog so others could join in prayer for her family. I wouldn't even know where to begin, so I asked her for the details. This is her husband, Mike's, story:
"Mike was diagnosed with colon cancer in October 2009. Surgery was performed and the cancerous area in his colon was removed. At this time, we learned that it was Stage 4 and that the cancer was in the lymph nodes.
Chemotherapy began in December of 2009. He had six months of chemotherapy. Blood clots were a common occurrence, and he was battling nerve damage from the chemo. {He still cannot feel the bottoms of his feet completely.} In May of 2010, he had GREAT scan results and it showed that his cancer was in remission. Praise the Lord! The oncologist continued to scan his body every three months as a precaution.
Unfortunately, in June of 2011, the black cloud of cancer returned with a vengeance. There are innumerable spots in both lungs, his back and liver. The doctor wanted Mike to immediately go back on chemotherapy. Mike was extremely against this and asked his doctor for 90 days to continue an all natural diet consisting of carrot juice and natural supplements. The doctor gave him the 90 days he asked for and rescanned him in November. This scan turned out to be devastating news - the cancer in his body had grown double the size in the 90 day period despite his consistent effort with his diet.
Due to recent symptoms starting with coughing, wheezing, and pain in his liver, he felt that his only option at this point was to go back on chemo, even though this was not what he wanted to do.
We continue to pray for a miracle everyday. The doctors say that he will need to be on chemo for the rest of his life and that his condition is terminal. As we all know, only God knows when our time is complete here on earth. We hold the faith and will never doubt our Lord."
There are simply no words. I'm sure you can see why I was thankful I was able to take family photos for them. Even more so it's one of those things where you wish there was something you could say... something you could do... but the greatest thing Mike and his family need is prayer. That's why I so wanted to share their story so you could join with me in praying for a miracle of healing in Mike's body.
You can see from the photos what a loving and happy family they are. Their energy and joy of life is contagious. I was overwhelmed by their strength and great faith. It's such a beautiful testimony of living in and through God's promises, peace & joy. Please keep them in your prayers during this Christmas season and as Mike continues his treatment through chemotherapy.
![]() |
| I actually think this is my favorite. true love. |












1 Comments
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family...side note, Joel was the ring bearer in Annie and Mike's wedding!
ReplyDelete