gingerbread party.
Last night was our annual "Gingerbread Party" I'm kind of sad Silas doesn't call it a "gingerman" anymore. {Sigh} He's growing up on me.
If you don't remember details about our annual party, you can read last year's post here.
The boy's were absolutely thrilled about the big party, anticipating it all day. We finally got to Grammy & Pappy's house where we all ate dinner first. The kids were too cute. Grammy set them their own beautifully decorated Christmas table. We had prayed before we all got our food and sat down, but apparently they needed to pray twice. We were sitting at the adult table and heard them talking amongst themselves...
{all four kids raised their hands}
We eavesdropped as each went around the room and prayed their own little sweet prayer. I love how they initiated this on their own. Precious.
It came time to decorate their houses and all the talk was who would have the best house. We parents were each helping out one kid and Nate thoroughly teased Eli and me the whole time about how Maddy's house was so much better. Ole Nate likes to get under my skin and knows just how to do it. All in good fun ... all in good fun.
Eli mostly ate the candy while I attempted to decorate it faster than he could eat it. He had specially requested candy corn for decorating and wanted nothing on his house but candy corn. Anything I'd place on his house would cause him to get upset and proclaim,
I kind of just ignored him and did what I wanted, trying to convince him it was pretty. Ha. Otherwise, he would have finished his house with remnants of icing, smeared from where he had already taken the candy corn off. Plus, ours had to be better than Uncle Nate's.
Silas had a whole concept for his house. He had a gingerbread man on top of the roof guarding his house and one gingerbread man breaking in. He was the robber {he got this from home alone}. His robber had a candy corn nose {my favorite part of his creation} and he insisted this gingerbread man be placed backwards, because he was breaking in with his nose. Funny. I had to get a profile shot of this :)
If you don't remember details about our annual party, you can read last year's post here.
The boy's were absolutely thrilled about the big party, anticipating it all day. We finally got to Grammy & Pappy's house where we all ate dinner first. The kids were too cute. Grammy set them their own beautifully decorated Christmas table. We had prayed before we all got our food and sat down, but apparently they needed to pray twice. We were sitting at the adult table and heard them talking amongst themselves...
"Okay, if you want to pray, raise your hand."
We eavesdropped as each went around the room and prayed their own little sweet prayer. I love how they initiated this on their own. Precious.
It came time to decorate their houses and all the talk was who would have the best house. We parents were each helping out one kid and Nate thoroughly teased Eli and me the whole time about how Maddy's house was so much better. Ole Nate likes to get under my skin and knows just how to do it. All in good fun ... all in good fun.
Eli mostly ate the candy while I attempted to decorate it faster than he could eat it. He had specially requested candy corn for decorating and wanted nothing on his house but candy corn. Anything I'd place on his house would cause him to get upset and proclaim,
"I don't like that mommy. I don't want this on my house."
![]() |
| Eli's completed house. The sides are ALL candy corn. |
Silas had a whole concept for his house. He had a gingerbread man on top of the roof guarding his house and one gingerbread man breaking in. He was the robber {he got this from home alone}. His robber had a candy corn nose {my favorite part of his creation} and he insisted this gingerbread man be placed backwards, because he was breaking in with his nose. Funny. I had to get a profile shot of this :)
![]() |
| LOVE the candy corn nose breaking in the house :) |





1 Comments
Very cute!! That's such a good idea! We are making our gingerbread house tomorrow with the kids!! It will be interesting I'm sure!! Have a great Christmas!!
ReplyDelete