back off, girls.
Yesterday, as I was making my rounds around campus, I noticed the Kinders on the playground. Naturally, I thought I'd walk over and say hello to my sweet boy.
I was appalled at what I saw.
There he was, walking hand-in-hand with a girl. WHAT?!
You're in Kinder, little boy and the only hand you are allowed to hold is Mommy's. Got that?
Then, another girl came up behind him and grabbed him - where he proceeded to chase her. I wasn't about to just walk away. I walked right over and said,
"Hey Silas. Whatcha doing?"
He went a little pale and giggled, knowing he'd been caught.
"Ummm, Noooooothing." {huge sheepish grin} "Hey Mom, can I give you a hug and a kiss?"
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Prior to the past 3 months, Silas cared nothing about girls. He still really doesn't, I tell you... it's the girls. They are aggressive. All the talk in Kinder is about girlfriends and boyfriends. I never noticed it until this year because I had no reason to. Now that I've been observing, I'm keeping my eyes on those girls. Maybe you can say I'm being partial because I have a boy. BUT, it's the girls that watch all the princess movies dreaming to meet their prince charming. It's the girls that pretend to marry their daddy's and love to dress up in fancy dresses and giggle about boys. I just spent three weeks in the same house with my 4 year old niece and let me tell you -- girls are on a whole other realm than boys. For these reasons I say, the girls are the aggressors. My boys like watching movies about monsters, bad guys and superheroes. Sorry, but girls and marriage are the absolute last thing on their minds.
But along comes a cute little Kinder girl flirting away and the charming begins...
{sigh.}
All I have to say is -
Back off little girls. Leave my sweet boy alone. The End.
![]() |
| I know he's cute, but he's mine :) p.s. Dusty thinks this is all very funny. I strongly disagree! |
On a separate note, I've been meaning to record this song all year. At the end of each day, Silas' class sings this "goodbye" song and I think it's simply adorable. Silas wasn't all that in to it today, but I still had to share. Enjoy.

1 Comments
Have noticed the same thing with Mr. Caleb! Crazy! Didn't think such things started in Kinder...boy was I wrong!
ReplyDelete