christmas & snow days.
Christmas. was. a. blast.
We left on the 23rd to begin our drive to Fort Collins, CO. We broke the trip into two parts, stopping in Vegas the first night. This was a good call because that way we didn't have to drive through the night and we were able to get some rest. Also, the boy's thought the "pyramid" hotel was fantastic. The {only} downside was the iPad getting stolen from our car. {Yes, I take 100% blame for this} Sadness. Not only is it crummy that someone would take it, but ruined the rest of our trip entertainment-wise. We even had the last full season of Dexter loaded and ready to go. I was devastated. {Oh, in case you're wondering - I completely forgot to lock the car and it was sitting on the center console - yikes}
Dumb move, Melissa.
We spent 4 fun-filled days with my family {Jay, Rebekah, Jackson & Haven, Mom & Dad} - including sledding, a day in Estes Park, outlet malls, Old Town, yummy food, spades, etc. The trip went by ridiculously fast and before we knew it it was time to leave and I hadn't even taken any photos {no cousin shots, no family photos, no beautiful Colorado}. Again, dumb move, Melissa. Sorry guys.
The 29th, we began our drive to Big Bear {which took 18 hours} to spend Christmas with Dusty's family {Nate, Mel, Zoe, Maddy, Reagan & Quincy, Mark & Brenda}. The boys were thrilled to have a second Christmas and believed Santa came twice. They were extra, extra good this year. Awesome.
Today we drove to Lake Arrowhead to look around some shops and get lunch. On the way home we stopped by a bakery and picked up some fabulous cupcakes {well, they certainly look delish - waiting until after dinner to try them!} When we got back to the cabin the boys and girls wanted to play in the snow. I was actually able to get some photos of the boys in their snow gear {since the wind wasn't blowing 50 miles per hour and I wouldn't get frost bite from stepping outside}. It was a lovely 63 degrees out and the kids enjoyed having a snowball fight and sledding in the backyard of the cabin. Now that's what I call enjoying the snow! Sorry, Colorado. You are beautiful, but I like being able to get out of the car to see the snow ;)
All in all, we've had an amazing Christmas break. Here's the few photos I've managed to take.
We left on the 23rd to begin our drive to Fort Collins, CO. We broke the trip into two parts, stopping in Vegas the first night. This was a good call because that way we didn't have to drive through the night and we were able to get some rest. Also, the boy's thought the "pyramid" hotel was fantastic. The {only} downside was the iPad getting stolen from our car. {Yes, I take 100% blame for this} Sadness. Not only is it crummy that someone would take it, but ruined the rest of our trip entertainment-wise. We even had the last full season of Dexter loaded and ready to go. I was devastated. {Oh, in case you're wondering - I completely forgot to lock the car and it was sitting on the center console - yikes}
Dumb move, Melissa.
We spent 4 fun-filled days with my family {Jay, Rebekah, Jackson & Haven, Mom & Dad} - including sledding, a day in Estes Park, outlet malls, Old Town, yummy food, spades, etc. The trip went by ridiculously fast and before we knew it it was time to leave and I hadn't even taken any photos {no cousin shots, no family photos, no beautiful Colorado}. Again, dumb move, Melissa. Sorry guys.
The 29th, we began our drive to Big Bear {which took 18 hours} to spend Christmas with Dusty's family {Nate, Mel, Zoe, Maddy, Reagan & Quincy, Mark & Brenda}. The boys were thrilled to have a second Christmas and believed Santa came twice. They were extra, extra good this year. Awesome.
Today we drove to Lake Arrowhead to look around some shops and get lunch. On the way home we stopped by a bakery and picked up some fabulous cupcakes {well, they certainly look delish - waiting until after dinner to try them!} When we got back to the cabin the boys and girls wanted to play in the snow. I was actually able to get some photos of the boys in their snow gear {since the wind wasn't blowing 50 miles per hour and I wouldn't get frost bite from stepping outside}. It was a lovely 63 degrees out and the kids enjoyed having a snowball fight and sledding in the backyard of the cabin. Now that's what I call enjoying the snow! Sorry, Colorado. You are beautiful, but I like being able to get out of the car to see the snow ;)
All in all, we've had an amazing Christmas break. Here's the few photos I've managed to take.
![]() |
| snow angel. |
![]() |
| handsome boys. |
![]() |
| cousins in the snow. |







0 Comments