Conversations With Silas

Regarding what he’s learning in school:

Silas - “Mommy, you know what Ms. Jennifer did? She wrote a number 3 and then put a number 1 in front of it. It was soo crazy!”

Me - “What number is that, Si?”

Silas - “Three-teen”

Me - “No, it’s not three-teen, it’s thirteen.”

Silas, emphatically, “NO! Three-teen. Mrs. Jennifer said, MOM!”


Silas to Eli while at the doctor for Eli’s pre-opt appointment to get new ear tubes and his adenoids removed:

Eli was crying because I had to wake him up to weigh him. Then, I had to undress him, so he was laying on the table. Silas stood on the stool next to me to see what I was doing.


Silas - “No, momma! I don’t want my Eli to go to the doctor. I don’t want my Eli to get undressed.”

Me - “It’s okay, Silas. He just needs a check-up. He’s not getting any shots.” (Our last doctor’s visit was traumatic, which consisted of 4 shots and bloodwork for Silas as well as 2 shots for Eli).

Eli still continued to cry.

Silas - “It’s okay, baby. The doctor is just going to make sure you are okay. You will not get any shots. You will be okay. It’s okay, baby. The doctor is coming in just a minute.”


Silas regarding the iPhone:

So, Silas pretty much thinks he owns my phone. Granted, I have loaded tons of games geared towards his age group, as well as some bigger games that he discovered on Dusty’s phone. Well, he knows where the App Store is and will click the button, get in the store, and find a game that he wants me to buy. I typically will only get him free games, but on occasion will buy him one. Well, even though most are free, I often tell him, “No, we are not getting anymore because it costs money.” Now, technically I’m not lying because sometimes it does. The problem I discovered early on is that since he knows there are tons and tons of games, he’ll play one for 5 minutes and want a new one. So, I am not going to continuously download him new games. So, today gave him the same old story about it costing money. He then explained to me, “Mommy, I have money! I have money in my bank. Here, let’s get a new one because I have money.”


Cute things he typically says or asks:


“Mommy, you are so beautiful. I love you so so so so so so so so so much.”


“Mommy, do you think I’m the cutest in the whole world? Do you love me more in the whole world?” (I tell him I love him more than anything in the world)


“Mommy, I have an idea! How about tomorrow we will go to DISNEYLAND!!! How about that?”


“Mommy, can I be the all of it Batman and I WILL BE THE REAL BATMAN!!” (This means he wants to put on his entire Batman costume, rather than just the cape. This also means he wants to watch the Batman movie and reenact it.



The joys of my day are watching and playing with my boys, wondering what the next cute thing they’ll say or do is. They are my heart and I love every ounce of them. I love our little conversations and best of all am loving watching their recent conversations with one another. My two sweet little guys. I am blessed indeed.


0 Comments