The Big Hole
Yesterday morning before church, we were going on our daily run at the lake. The boys are typically very well behaved and I rarely hear a peep out of them other than the occasional, "Mommy, you have to go fast so you can beat all the people". I'm lucky they are so cooperative, {which I attribute much to my amazing stroller} because running is something I have grown to love. It's so refreshing running around the beautiful lake, with the boys relatively quiet, and a chance to just enjoy the quiet or turn my music all the way up on my headphones and soak in the solitude. Because they are so good, we typically will feed the ducks after I'm finished or throw rocks in the lake. On a side note, Silas now thinks that bread is "duck food". We'll be grocery shopping and going through the bread aisle he never fails to say, "Momma - look! Duck food!" So I may have the only child in the world that thinks that bread, which is a staple in most homes and loved by all, is duck food. In any case, yesterday after our run we went to our usual spot to throw rocks. I must say I've become quite amazing at freeing rocks that are stuck in the hard dirt. Silas always wants big rocks that are half buried in the dirt and I somehow manage to maneuver them out while Eli tells me, "it stuck, it stuck." So needless to say, we've created many holes in the ground from digging out rocks. Everyday we go back and Silas wants to see all the holes that we made. Yesterday Silas noticed a hole in the ground and in amazement said, "Wow! Momma, that's the biggest hole I've ever seen." I thought it was pretty funny, seeing as it wasn't all that big, but in his eyes it was the biggest hole ever. I guess he doesn't remember when we passed through the Grand Canyon last Christmas. So here is a picture of Silas and Eli sitting in "the biggest hole [Silas] has ever seen".
I snapped a few other photos while we were there. I mean, really - we are there every single day, so what better place to get some photos of the boys? Enjoy.

0 Comments