Here Comes Santa Claus

Our family Christmas party was last night and we had a great time. Silas surprises me by the day. It is such a joy and a wonderful thing to see him gradually gain more confidence and come out of his shell. He has always been very cautious with people and more reserved - it definitely takes awhile for him to warm up to people. But lately, I have seen him open up so much. He has gotten to where he will respond when people - even people he doesn't know - address him. He was running around like crazy last night, making new friends and talking to people, just having a ball. It makes me smile. Mostly because I know what it's like feeling insecure and being shy. I have always been more on the quiet side and have had a hard time opening up to people I don't know. I find it difficult to express myself verbally, which is why I love to write. Granted, I do believe I have made leaps and bounds from where I was as a child and teenager. So, as I parent I obviously do not want this struggle for my sweet Silas. Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal to some people, but I can definitely relate - so for me, it's huge that he's overcoming these insecurities already.

Anyhow, oh the anticipation of seeing Santa! This is the first year Silas has really understood everything. He is beyond excited to open all his Christmas presents and keeps waiting for Santa to come. Last night Santa "flew" to the party to give all the boys and girls a gift. I loved watching Silas as Santa entered the room. He was so serious and sat in his hair with his hands in his lap. He is one of the most observant kids I've ever seen, and of course he was eyeing him up and down. When his turn came, he walked right up to him, took his gift, and stood in front of him with a huge smile ready for his picture. It was as if he had done it everyday of his life.

Now Eli, on the other hand, was not quite as thrilled. I anticipated him screaming his head off, so at least it exceeded my expectations! I went with him and kind of sat him on his lap. He mostly just looked really nervous at first while we got a few pictures - and then started crying and reaching out for me. Good thing he loved his Lightning McQueen remote control car! I guess it was worth sitting on that strange looking man's lap for a few seconds :)

A happy boy with Santa

A sad boy with Santa

So, on the way home I was talking to Silas. I asked him if Santa got him a present.
"Yes mommy, he did!!! Did he get you a present?"
"No, Silas he didn't get mommy a present. Did you get me a present?"
"Ummmm, yes!"
"You did?? What'd you get?"
"Momma, look. Do you see those stars up there?"

Ahhh! I think I may have a little romantic on my hands. He is the sweetest little thing ever. LOVE my Silas and Eli. Couldn't be more blessed with the most wonderful little boys in the world.


0 Comments