spirit day five: jog-a-thon & field day.

Wow, what a week.  And even more so, what a day!

So much excitement, so much fun!  

Our school began Spirit Week a few years ago, but today we had our first ever jog-a-thon to top off the week.  Did it ever exceed my expectations!  We had a blast!  The kids were so into it, the parents were joining in, and others were on the sidelines cheering.  Due to my yearbook photo duties, I was on the sidelines for most of it... buuuut, I may not be able to talk tomorrow after two full hours of cheering for all the kids.  Ha!  Oh, and I think my hand is numb from high fives.  

So, there were select times for each grade to participate.  Students had received sponsors for running {not per lap, just a flat donation}, but they did calculate their laps for reference.  Each student had 25 minutes to run and a small tally card that was attached to a band around their wrist.  With each lap, a parent gave them a mark so they could count their laps.  Both boys completed a mile and a half.  

Eli was in the first time slot and did he ever impress me.  He ran his heart out the entire time.  I'm not sure I saw him stop once!  Silas was in the next group and he got more into it than I thought he was going to {let's just say he wasn't too enthusiastic to start}{I think he was nervous about it}.  He ended up having a bit of a distraction.  JJ's class {and the rest of the preschoolers} came to cheer the joggers on.    

After watching Silas pass by a handful of times, I thought JJ might like to take a lap with him.  

He had a scowl on his face the entire time, looking miserable.  After he completed a lap, I pulled him back to the side with me where he proceeded to cry, "No, momma!  I wanna wun with my fwiends!!"  So, off he went.  He ran... and ran... and ran.  Silas' time was up, his class went to have a snack and JJ was still running the track solo.  The next group came along, and JJ continued.  He was out there at least an hour.  No joke.  I eventually had to carry him away, crying, back to his class.  I didn't want to risk him out there with the 6th-8th graders even though he was determined he was going to do it.  Silly boy!  I heard he fell asleep for his nap almost instantly.

In the afternoon, we had Field Day.  There was just way too much fun to go around today.  The boys were both adorable participating in the events with their classes and I enjoyed walking around from group to group taking photos and watching all the enthusiasm.   

We had an awesome day, an awesome week, and are looking forward to our 3 day weekend!  Hurray.

Last cousin photo of the week.
It's gonna be SO sad next year when Zoe is in high school. 
Their theme today was nursery rhyme day.
Do you get it?
What little girls/boys are made of... 
Silas' class.



The incredible 1st graders. 
running his heart out.

he wasn't too cheery on the sidelines... I guess he didn't understand that was his job... to cheer! ;) 
Silas getting into it! 
Not so sure.. 
Okay, there's that smile! 
He ran... and ran... 
and ran. 
and ran.


yup, Mom's a loser!

Eli doing his famous chicken dance. 
Jump shot!

0 Comments