he shoots, he scores!
We experienced a first today - the boy's first basketball game.
If you remember, Silas participated in a basketball camp this past summer and l-o-v-e-d it. We've tried baseball and soccer without much success as he just wasn't into it. But basketball got him excited. Really excited.
So, we signed Silas and Eli up for the league at Shadow Mountain where Pappy is their team coach, and Dusty is the assistant coach. How much better could that be? I'm not sure who is more excited - the boys or Pappy!
I wasn't quite sure what to expect, seeing as how the team is made up of first and second graders - but boy was it ever a treat. They were too cute out there. Eli mentioned being nervous on the way to the game saying, "I'm not quite sure I know everything there is to know about basketball", having only two practices under his belt - and no camp experience, unlike Silas. They were alert, they hustled, and gave it their best. Eli ran up and down the court with all his heart and his hands were up and ready to grab that ball at any given moment. The one time he got his hands on the ball, he took a shot, giving it his all. Silas really surprised me, getting his hands on the ball several times. He loves to dribble and boy did he dribble that ball down and around the court. I loved the intense look of concentration on his face, how he passed the ball to his teammates, and the confidence he showed in taking some shots himself. And, he made three baskets!! I cannot even find the words to explain how proud he was. It was the cutest. thing. ever.
There's nothing like seeing your children genuinely excited about something. My favorite moment of the whole game had to be when Eli ran on the court from the bench and the two ran to one another and hugged. They are just the sweetest. Oh, and when Silas passed Eli the ball - too cute! I love that he gave his brother a chance instead of taking it for himself!
On the way to the car, Silas proclaimed, "I can't wait til the next game!!"
Here's some action shots I got. Enjoy :)
If you remember, Silas participated in a basketball camp this past summer and l-o-v-e-d it. We've tried baseball and soccer without much success as he just wasn't into it. But basketball got him excited. Really excited.
So, we signed Silas and Eli up for the league at Shadow Mountain where Pappy is their team coach, and Dusty is the assistant coach. How much better could that be? I'm not sure who is more excited - the boys or Pappy!
I wasn't quite sure what to expect, seeing as how the team is made up of first and second graders - but boy was it ever a treat. They were too cute out there. Eli mentioned being nervous on the way to the game saying, "I'm not quite sure I know everything there is to know about basketball", having only two practices under his belt - and no camp experience, unlike Silas. They were alert, they hustled, and gave it their best. Eli ran up and down the court with all his heart and his hands were up and ready to grab that ball at any given moment. The one time he got his hands on the ball, he took a shot, giving it his all. Silas really surprised me, getting his hands on the ball several times. He loves to dribble and boy did he dribble that ball down and around the court. I loved the intense look of concentration on his face, how he passed the ball to his teammates, and the confidence he showed in taking some shots himself. And, he made three baskets!! I cannot even find the words to explain how proud he was. It was the cutest. thing. ever.
There's nothing like seeing your children genuinely excited about something. My favorite moment of the whole game had to be when Eli ran on the court from the bench and the two ran to one another and hugged. They are just the sweetest. Oh, and when Silas passed Eli the ball - too cute! I love that he gave his brother a chance instead of taking it for himself!
On the way to the car, Silas proclaimed, "I can't wait til the next game!!"
Here's some action shots I got. Enjoy :)
![]() |
| pre-game talk. |
![]() |
| prayers before the game. |
![]() |
| Silas with the ball. |
![]() |
| I love how hard they were running! |
![]() |
| Silas shoots. |
![]() |
| Eli ready for the rebound. |
![]() |
| and Silas with the ball again. |
![]() |
| he shoots.... he SCORES! |
![]() |
| Eli on the bench with Dad... he spotted me ;) |
![]() |
| "did I make it?" |
![]() |
| Silas loved this photo of himself! |
![]() |
| end of game handshakes and a little brotherly chat! |















0 Comments