monday woes & a weekend recap.

Is it really Monday?  I have determined Sunday nights to be my nemesis.  I don't know if it's because the weekend is enough time to throw off my routine, or what, but I can't ever seem to sleep on Sunday nights.  Ever.  What's worse is if I look to my immediate right, I can see Baby J snoozing away while I'm suffering from that dreadful after lunch drowsiness.  Cry me a river.  

This morning did not get off to a great start.  The last time I looked at my phone, it was past 3:00 a.m.    I must've eventually fallen asleep because I startled awake at 5:00 a.m. to find I had supposedly hit snooze for 45 minutes, unknowingly.  Never one to miss a work out, I pressed play, knowing it would put me behind schedule.  Long story short, let's just say I was humbly apologizing to my kids and asking forgiveness in the car on the way to school for being in a bad mood and so rushed.  Luckily, Eli still loves me "more than he loves himself" and Silas deemed "everything okay."  Bless their sweet and forgiving little hearts.  I have great kids, you guys.  

Now that I got that off my chest, time for our weekend recap.  

First, do you ever see something that perhaps isn't that funny, yet you cannot. stop. laughing?  That was me full on cracking up at this yesterday.  I mean, it's so, so true.  Having lived in extreme heat and extreme cold, I totally get weather problems.  And while the rest of the country has suffered insane weather lately, us poor San Diegans endured four days of rain.  I love it.  Weather wimps at it's finest.  The sad thing is, I have truly become the wimpiest of them all.  


So, it rained.  For four days.  My kids thought it to be the greatest thing ever.  However, it did come with some minor troubles.  On Saturday, Dusty got in a single car accident and "totaled" his car because of it.  At least we think.  We are pretty sure {given that the information from the towing company is accurate} the axle was broken, which would qualify it as totaled.  We should find out from our insurance tomorrow.  To break it down, he was driving in a downpour, hit a brick in the middle of the road, this made him hit the curb, and up onto the side railing.  Truth be told, we have been in talks of getting him a new car in the very near future anyway.  As Silas said, "Praise God only the car was hurt, and not Dad."  Preach it!  The kids and I drove to pick him up and then decided we'd still venture out and do something, rather than deem the entire day a bust!

The aftermath.
In an attempt to find something to do inside {yet still get "out"}, we went to Toys R Us, Fry's electronics, and Baskin Robbins for our "family day".  Silas was excited to spend his gift card he got for his birthday, taking pleasure in "buying" all of us something with his "money". That night, Dusty and I went on an impromptu date.  We went to a high school basketball game and to get my favorite boba smoothie!  #yum  
At Baskin Robbins.
Little known fact - my mom worked at Baskin Robbins, which is where my parents met.  My dad came in for ice cream and asked her out on a date.  The boys got a kick out of this story.
 
Silas got a bit cold after the ice cream.
Sunday included church, a planning meeting for the kid's ministry, and then life group in the evening.  All in all, a great day!  Dusty and I are so excited to have recently joined a small group.  The best part is it's kid friendly, so the boys are making some awesome connections as well.  That blesses my heart SO much.  We have an awesome community at our school that I am thankful for daily, but we have been longing to be more a part of our church community.   It's only been a couple of weeks, but is hands down, the best decision we've made in a long time.  Food for the soul.  

My Eli Jackson {a.k.a. my twinkie}
Be still my heart.  There's nothing like a sleeping baby. 
This was at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.  J was watching Mickey Mouse and Silas was working on learning CODE.  He wants to create his own programs and video games.  The child is a genius.

Saturday was hair cut day ... again.  It always sneaks up on me! 
After the storm. 
Self explanatory.
Not seeing much difference between day 30 and 60, but the past two weeks didn't go as planned, due to weaning little man.
I couldn't work out for a few days and several days were extremely modified.   Plus on top of that, it was my birthday, Valentine's Day and Silas' birthday.  Basically, lots of extra junk.
I try to follow the 80/20 rule, but this month was probably not quite that.  #oops  #betterluckthismonth #dontgiveup

Seriously, this is one of my favorite programs ever {I've done Insanity, Asylum 1, Asylum 2, T25, and used to be an avid runner.  This is awesome.  If you're interested or want to know more, feel free to ask!  Or, check out my page, here.
Stinker at Target today.  I mean, he was a disaster.
And sadly, I appeased him with an icee so I could get my shopping done.
#shame #parentfail #oopsagain

0 Comments